Chapter 22 | Disbelief's Cruelty

He treated her like a goddess

After his mauling, the man had cleaned her up, dressed her in some of his clothing, and massaged her back.

Was he a god? She knew he was sweet- but he was adorably sweet.

Unfortunately, she wasn't able to cuddle him to sleep. He had brought her to her room and tucked her in for the night. She pleaded for him to stay, but he told her he had unfinished business. Lily wasn't stupid, though.

Vor was definitely screwed.

The woman lay in her bed. Her long white hair was tied in a loose braid, which he had done for her. It was soft and shiny from her bath.

She pulled the sheets further up, shifting to lay on her side.

As Lily thought about the day- she looked past their fantastic session and into everything that actually caused it. Vor is absolutely set on her being a liar, including Aun, but Aun appears to have a lot more logic to him—that or humanity.
She didn't know what Vor was trying to prove. If she was plotting something, what next? Is there something going on that gives the Ek reason to be so suspicious? If that was the case, then why hasn't she asked questions about it?

As she thought- her bedroom door creaked open. The hallway lights were off, so it was simply the bright moon lighting everything up.

She swore it was locked.

Bolting up, she shifted in her bed. It didn't take long for Lily to notice that the figure was Vor.

How many times was she going to break into her room?

"The last time." The woman's deep feminine voice snarled. Lily covered her mouth- had she said that out loud?

The woman sprinted forward- pouncing onto the plump woman. She tied a cloth around her mouth, keeping her from screaming. Lily squirmed and flailed, muffled screams as she attempted to escape Vor's grasp.
She flipped her onto her back and tied her wrists together. Lily slammed her foot into the Ek's stomach, making her gasp for breath, but Lily was haggard from the lack of air from the cloth. She was also weaker than the werebear.

"Fucking bitch..." The woman hissed quietly, hauling her onto her shoulders. Lily squirmed, kicking her feet wildly. "Shut the fuck up," Vor whispered.

She walked up to the window sideways, opened it, and climbed out. They were on the second story- but that was such a problem for a werebear. She lept out, the cold air hissing and clawing at Lily's skin.

Lily only wore a large T-shirt that belonged to the man and a pair of his boxers. He had sweetly given them to her.

"I can't risk an invader." The Ek whispered as she snuck through the cold woods, not bothered by her winter apparel. There were far fewer werebears- but she still snuck around. 

It was clear she wasn't supposed to be doing this.

"The Tribe is too important to me to take gambles." She'd continue on, no matter how much Lily flailed and screamed. "If you're not the one scaring the children- then I'll use you to lure him away."

Scaring the children?

At some point during their travel- Lily lost all her energy. She limply laid on the woman's shoulder, legs dangling uselessly. Tears had begun to fall at the 5-minute mark of walking.

She squeezed her eyes shut- sniffing under the cloth. It was so cold that it felt like her tears were freezing on her cheeks.

Did Lily really deserve this? It was so... cruel. She's never done anything bad to Vor.

She hasn't insulted her- yelled at her- or called her names- she's just politely talked to her. But nothing has ever worked. It felt so unfair.

Lily whimpered loudly.

"Shut up." Vor spat.

She muffled a few pleas, using whatever energy she had left to gain some sympathy, hopefully, but this time, she was faced with silence. She only had the sound of crunching snow and an eerie breeze to focus on.

Beginning to think about what may happen- she whimpered. 

She could either freeze to death, die of starvation or get mauled to death by a wild animal. Though freezing seemed most likely- and the second most painful.

But what about the thing scaring the children? That seemed a lot more foreboding.

With brand new energy- Lily squirmed and writhed on her shoulder. She flailed her legs until she continuously kicked Vor, who scoffed and growled.

"That's it." The woman hissed, throwing her onto the ground. "This is your drop-off."

Lily gasped, eyes widening as she screamed into the cloth. 

"I only left your legs untied so you could piss off somewhere else." Vor turned, slowly walking away, "Good luck, Lily. Hope your boyfriend won't miss you much."

Tears rolled down her cheeks.

Lily watched as the Ek disappeared into the forest.