Chapter 38 | All Brawn no Brain

It took nearly two days for them to get to the Washington border

Selene yawned, slightly stretching in her husband's arms.

Ullr didn't need to sleep as often as her, considering he was a god. When she came up with the idea of sleeping in his arms, he seemed embarrassingly thrilled. He tried to say he wasn't, but it was easy to tell.

... Especially from the fact he had already grabbed her and was hauling her in his arms.

"Almost there, doll." He'd coo. His deep voice was soothing and especially comforting to wake up to.

"Don't we have to cross a border?" She'd ask, rubbing the sleepiness from her eyes. Selene had just realized this.

He chuckled, "Already did." Ullr hummed, "I warned them before we left. There's werebears that work at border control."

That was good. He seemed to have thought this through.

"What about the Atourania patrols?" She brought up.

Atourania was a large werewolf pack controlling Washington, Oregon, part of Idaho, and the upper half of California. It was huge, with a population of 22 million.

"It'll be fine." He'd shrug.

Selene blinked a few times- having to repeat that in her head. 

"It'll be fine?!" She'd repeat, taking her nose from his neck and staring at him, "You... You haven't planned anything?"

Ullr hummed, nodding, "I have their goddess coddled in my arms. It'll be fine."

"Yeah, but I don't have Luna." She pointed out, "How will they know it's me?"

Just then, the snow crunched wildly around them. The bushes ruffled and danced before numerous wolves emerged from the cold shadows. Their eyes were sharp, searing glares into the travelers suspiciously.
They circled them, wolves ranging from black to pale brown, studying their appearances. It was clear from their behavior that they deduced Ullr was a threat. Selene's husband was 7'2, with 350 pounds of complete muscle.

He set her down, letting her boots fall into the plush snow.

Ullr snaps, "Lead me to your Alphas!" He'd snarl, "We have important business with them."

Selene fidgeted, noticing the wolves didn't look enthused about the idea.

"This is your Goddess. Treat her with respect." Her husband added.

Their suspicious expressions shifted into confusion and curiosity. A few warriors looked around, obviously trying to find Luna, but she was nowhere to be found. 

Somehow, this plan was worse in execution then it was on paper.