Chapter 1

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Dirty-Secret-Nadine-Alliye-ebook/dp/B0CNK1HP3W/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=EQLXERYLN49I&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700939887&s=digital-text&sprefix=nadine+alliye+%2Caps%2C83&sr=1-3

Updates twice a week, enjoy!

....

I couldn't hear anything apart from the echoes of the shuffling tides. I shut my eyes and submerged into absolute darkness, I wanted to shut off all of my senses. For at least a little while, I did not want to hear, smell, see, feel nor taste. I floated with the warm water of Deadman's Cave. I learned a long time ago that when you feel like you're drowning, you must just float. Even if it's for forever, if you value peace more than chaos, just float and the end might not seem so bad after all. Death was approaching faster these days, it felt like just yesterday when I was sitting in the headmasters office at the orphanage and she'd walked in and told me that there's good news; I've been adopted.

What could these humans do for me? How could they ever understand? Perhaps I'll run away, perhaps I'll be better off on my own.

At seven years old, I remembered everything. The night my rogue parents were slaughtered by a werewolf pack that they had tried to overtake that left only two survivors. I was one of them, the other was a boy who was just a year older than me. We were both found by human police and brought to the orphanage, I was adopted three months later, I have no idea what happened to him. I think about him often, I think his name was Jeremy. We were friends, we played together, he was my first kiss.

Now, I am seventeen years and eleven months, I had just thrifty one days to find a werewolf that didn't hate my guts, someone to help me shift. Every werewolf shifts for the first time on the first full moon of their eighteenth birthday, without someone to assist you, the chances of survival are zero. Most newborns drown themselves at the intensity of the pain, others run into the sharpest tree branch and stab themselves to death, some run off and never come back. I have always been attracted to bodies of water, I'd imagined that if I were to drown, then perhaps it wouldn't be so bad. After all, I might not have chosen the rogue blood coursing through my veins, but in this werewolf town, I was the enemy, the odd one out and its members were waiting for the day that I shift alone so that I could finally die and their soils will be free of weeds again. I found out years ago that they were instructed to not help me, the only reason they haven't killed me yet was because I was adopted by humans, it was far too risky. I wish it hadn't been.
I felt the peace around me disturbed, I emerged from the water to discover that there were people here now. I recognized them as students from my high school belonging to the local tribe, The Serenity Pack. Two skinny girls, a blond and a brunette, I remembered their name's immediately because they'd spent the entire decade reminding me of how unwanted I was here.
Jessica and Stass held hands and ran topless into the lake with their fingers on their chest while the guys from the football team fed off the entertainment. They giggled and toppled over and I was wondering how the hell I was going to sneak off before they'd notice me. Deadman's Cave was a lake in the woods hidden between crouching willows and giant rocks. It was said to be haunted and therefore it was always deserted. I had taken off all of my clothes and was completely naked, I had been coming here almost everyday and never had I run into anyone.
I used a log to hide myself but my belongings were by the tree closest to the football captain Brett. He was also the son of their alpha, he was genetically gifted at 6 foot 2, his washboard abs and boulder arms made it easy for him to have anyone he wanted. Not to mention a face that made anyone's heart melt. Brett had never looked at me before although we'd been going to the same schools for 10 years. Even when the others teased me, he never even acknowledged my existence.
Brett was the type of guy everyone loved, he was smart, funny and kind. I didn't hate Brett, he'd never said anything mean to me, but I did resent him the slightest for never doing anything to prevent the others.