Chapter 12

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Dirty-Secret-Nadine-Alliye-ebook/dp/B0CNK1HP3W/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=EQLXERYLN49I&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700939887&s=digital-text&sprefix=nadine+alliye+%2Caps%2C83&sr=1-3

Updates twice a week, enjoy!
****

"What the hell are you doing here?" I masked my bare chest with the little bit of skin my palms had to offer. Brett did not seem as if he himself knew the answer to that question. He simply stood, looking more stunned and torn than myself who was minutes away from an inevitable doom.

"The moon should be coming out any minute now," he simply said.

I scuffed. I let my hands drop. There was no point in covering myself. I'd be a corpse for him to hide in just a little while anyway. Who the fuck cared if Brett Serenity saw my boobs?

And who cares if he likes them?

"I told you I wanted to be alone. I want my last moments to be peaceful-"

"I know, it's just me."

"You're one person too much," I mumbled and let myself submerge back into the water so that I could no longer hear and see him. There was a moment of silence where I could pretend that I was alone, but just a moment. Eventually, I could hear him again.

I could hear his cries getting louder, surpassing the echoes of the water. I did not dare emerge, I wasn't entirely stupid either. The moon had begun its descent. I simply held my breath.

Perhaps I could drown before it happens...

And then I felt it.

It was like a small but painful release. It began somewhere around my ankles, almost like popping a sprain back into place.

I tried to hide from myself behind the darkness of my eyelids. I felt it again, this time it was my fingers. I cried out at a more painful jolt that came from my ribs. I kept my eyes shut and held in my breathing.

The next more should hurt even more.

Come on, come on, come on.

I was getting dizzy, but I could no longer force myself to hold my own breath. I had to emerge at some point. I wasn't fearless enough to resist.

I screamed out into the ripples of the water as a release so intense let out from my jaw, it felt as if my entire body was burning. I needed to escape the pain, but needed to return to the surface but I had lost control of my body. I could not move my legs to swim, and so I began to drown. I was far too late now, it had began before I could place any sort of demand on myself.

I felt the water burn my nostrils and the breaking of my bones torturing me slowly. I could feel an attempt at myself at  being dragged out of the water. Without a will to do so, my body disobeyed me and fought against the intruder. I kicked and growled, I bit and hissed until I eventually broke free. I struggled against the tides that worked to take me down, while the person made another attempt to pull me out. Eventually,  I was recovered out of the darkness and dragged onto the land. The pain did not stop however, the shifting only paused for a moment. My eyes were wide open, but I had gone blind. I bit down on my lips and felt as if I had just ripped them apart. I stood up again, I felt self destroying panic. I could not see, I could not hear. I could only feel maddening suffering. I urged to attack, to bury my teeth and nails into something or someone.

I ran in whatever direction I could, I fought against the hands on my skin that eventually began to feel like massive teeth on my legs. I raised my fists and ran my nails down my own chest. I cried out at the intensity of the impact. It felt as if I had used multiple knives to stab myself from the side of my neck into my abdomen. I could feel the blood pouring from my wounds. I hoped that it would kill me soon. It felt as if hours had passed, I was running through the trees at a speed I could not comprehend. I was still blind, but I could hear just a little bit now. I could sense that I was being followed by someone I needed to kill. I ran into tree after tree, each time with enough force to break something. The exhaustion eventually began to entrap me, first came my legs that halted, and then my knees that buckled. I could feel that I was soaked, not with water but with blood. I could feel that I no longer had skin, but rough stained fur. I realized that I could now stop fighting.

I finally collapsed.

This is it, I thought with my back against the ground, this is the moment that I finally die.

If only I could see how beautiful the deathly moon is tonight, perhaps it would make this moment just a little less depressing.

You took everything away from me, I thought to a god whom I was sure was far too busy with someone more important to spare me a glance, did you have to take my sight away too?