Around a fire

...Dark out..

..In the  Raptor recovery room adjoined to the forest...

Don't ask what time it is.

Why?

Because the clock is not working. Mary is on a medical bed with her head propped on a pillow resting. The heating system is apparently not working so guess what we are making to keep ourselves warm in a climate that should not have cold temperatures?  A fire pit. I am drinking some hot chocolate milk with little marshmallows bobbling up and down.

I lower my drink down.

"I heard you lost your clutch," I said, in a low voice.

"Terrible accident," Blue said, sadly. "Alpha Bryan is the reason why...Our last joined him."

"But they said all of them are dead," I said.

"Not all of them," Blue said. "I was too protective over him, and for that, I lead him to Alpha Bryan."

I stare at him in awe.

"What was his name?" I ask.

"Zaron," Blue said.

 I smile taking  a sip out of the cup.

"Zaron is a cool name," I said, lowering the cup down.

"He was named after a human who Indo killed," Blue said.

"You must regard him highly,"  I said.

"He was my Alpha's friend," Blue said.  "As a..."  Blue lowers his head. "I have failed."

"Don't say things like that!" I said.

"The  clutches we raised turned out great," Blue said. "But...This one...Eight months I tried with Zaron."

Blue lowers his head closing his reptile eyes.

"Don't be so down on yourself," I said, patting on Blue's neck.

"You are too sweet," Blue said, turning his head away opening his eyes.

"I know," I said, viewing a Triceratops walking past  the transparent windows.

The ground thunds at each move made by the Triceratops. I do know for a fact the word 'thunds' does not exist because  for a fact it is not in the dictionary. I like to think thunds means the ground trembles at each move made by a hefty weight-ed dinosaur. I can tell Blue is greatly disappointed in himself as a father. I felt really bad for him. He kind of reminded me of a couple Tumblr posts analyzing Odin as a father towards Thor and Loki that went beyond 'Odin is so not a jerk' to 'Odin has to make sure they  (As in Loki and Thor) are accountable for their actions'  and 'Odin tries to be a father even though Loki is not of his cloth'.

But only this time it is a deadly dinosaur who I can understand being sad.

It is worth the mess to see majestic dinosaurs stroll by the Raptor medical room.