Life is just a trick

Life is just a trick between what is real and what is not real. We just have to determine if it is real enough to be harmful to us.

"Yo' Dino-Girl!" Lenny cuts in line. "Or should I call a time traveler?"

"Buzz off," I said.

"What's gonna happen today?" Lenny asks.

"I dunno," I said.  "Anything can happen such as a werewolf lingering in the forest eying on us as prey to leap on out."

"I heard you are from the 22nd century," Lenny said.

I laugh.

"Afraid not," I said.  "I am from the 21st."

I can see, from under the hood to the jacket, that Lenny has his eyebrows up.

"So in whatever year you'll be coming to Jurassic Park?" Lenny asks.

"Yep," I said.

"What is the date you'll be coming from the future?"  Lenny asks.

"June 2017," I guess. "Gee, it seems you are interrogating me."

"That is because I am,"  Lenny said. "I might make a novel about the future!"

"Not that exciting," I said.  "Besides, we are three years from the 21st century."

"Do we have flying cars?" Lenny asks.

"No," I said. "But I wish."

"Aw," Lenny said. "How disappointing."

"The future is tricky in what happens and what does not happen," I said.

There is a shine in Lenny's eyes.

"So you think life is just a trick," Lenny said.

"Well," I said,  nodding.  "In a way, it is."

"Life is tricky," Lenny said.

I smile.

"That is one of the nonsense of my day," I said.

 I saw Compies in the grassy blades that were darker than them moving because of the swishing of the their tails.

"Nonsense is rare to come by," Lenny said.

"Do you have a chocolate bar?" I ask.

"Yes," Lenny said.

"Can I have a half?" I ask.

"Sure," Lenny said.

Lenny hands me half of his chocolate bar. I take off a piece then toss the broken in half bar into the bushes. I honestly really do want to see how a dinosaur with chocolate around the corners of its mouth looks like.  I take a bite out of the small piece that hadn't been thrown to the ground. I much on the piece speeding by Lenny making a unique bird whistle. I look over my should flashing a smile to a perplexed Lenny who is probably contemplating what the heck just happened.

I am the master of ditching people when they least expect it.

I turn my head away cutting in line.