Chapter 4

It took Cale a few hours to wake up, he was a little confused when he saw he was back in his room at the county, his eyes quickly landed on Ron and the earl although their expressions made him a little scare.

Of course the count saw that he was awake. He quickly got up to get closer to him.

"Are you okay son? "

"Yes, I'm fine." Is what he was going to answer before seeing the count suddenly cry.

"I'm sorry my son, I was a cowardly father to you... I'm so sorry I promise I'll try to make amends... It's all my fault... I'm sorry, you're sick because of me..."

Cale's mind completely shut down at the word sick, he unconsciously spoke.

"Sick ? "

"Yes, Ron found you passed out, we notified a doctor, he said that you had been suffering from anemia for several years, why did you hide it from us? Son I would have taken care of you! You put yourself in danger by hiding it from us! "

"So anemia exists in this world? I imagine that so much the better I could get my medicine back although..." It was the second part of the count's sentence which irritated him a little from what he remembered of old Cale that his father had always avoided, when could he have talked to her about anything?!

Cale had a scowl on his face.

"How could I say something to you when you weren't even able to meet my eyes?!"

"I'm sorry you're right... I was a bad father I promise to make it up to you if you want of course..."

In front of the Count's look he couldn't respond negatively, he really looked like a father desperate for his son, although he thought that it was the first Cale who should have heard that and not him but he couldn't do anything do for this.

"...Son, the doctor said you should eat well and take medication every day to help you...in your condition...I guess you can't walk...I can get you something here.." He was clumsy but he really wanted to do things right this time.

Cale immediately got out of bed to show that he was okay but he almost fell back before the count caught him.

"Cale, don't force yourself! I'm going to ask for your meal to be brought back to your room, okay?"

Cale didn't even have time to respond to the count, he had already left. All that was left was him and Ron, who was looking at him with a strange expression.

"Young master, I want now if you feel unwell to notify me immediately."

Cale nodded he was afraid he would get killed if he said no.

The count came quickly with a servant who placed various dishes on the table in his room.

"Son, do you need help walking?"

He wanted to refuse but since he had last eaten at lunch he wasn't sure he could do it.

"...I would like some help..."

Deruth came immediately surprised and a little happy that his son accepted.

The count grabbed his arm to lift him from the bed but even then Cale was already holding his head.

"Are you okay, should I call the doctor again? "

"I'm okay, I just need to eat something, and some medicine from the doctor."

With that he brought him back to the table and gave him the medicine. Cale took it so he could start eating under the watchful eyes of both worried parents. Cale was a little embarrassed by their stare but he continued to eat, soothed his headache slightly.

Once he had finished the count took him back to his bed.

"You should go back to sleep the doctor said it was necessary for your condition."

"Later I have to go out now."

"Son you can't go out!" You need to take a break and rest" The count was strongly against this.

"...it's really important..." Cale of course was still as stubborn as ever. He also knew that he never refused anything to his son, so he made the most discouraged expression he could.

His father gave in, after all his son sounded like he was really sad so he ended up agreeing but with one condition.

"You can only go if Ron comes with you."

Cale looked at the assassin who smiled at him. Se smile made his blood run cold but he could only accept, he didn't really have a choice.

" All right..."

The Count had left the room while Cale was leaving the estate with Ron.

"I just hope it's not too late..."

Cale recalled the information from the book.

"About 100 steps from the city gate."

This is the place where Choi Han jumped over the city walls. He quickly headed towards the scene, always accompanied by Ron. There weren't many people on the streets because it was a residential area.

Once arrived at the calculated location.

Exactly 100 steps from the city gate. It was a corner of the residential area so there was no light other than the torch which the guards placed at the top of the wall, as well as the lights coming from the windows of the residence.

He looked around and there was no one except two cats looking at him.

"This is not the right place... where I arrived-"

He couldn't finish his sentence before someone fell on him.