Chapter 14

Cale had to find an unfinished rock tower in Puzzle City.

Cale had also set a pretty busy schedule from now on. It was because he wanted to spend enough time in Puzzle City. He just had to hope that the others let him do what he wanted and that they weren't all clingy like they had been since the beginning of the trip. Cale sighed as he thought about power.

"The vitality of the heart".

It was the name of the ancient power that would strengthen the Indestructible Shield. It was a power focused on restoration and vitality.

"That's why the eldest son was looking for him."

Taylor, the Marquis's eldest son, who had lost his position as heir. He was the only good person in the Marquis's family, but the lower half of his body had become paralyzed due to Venion's shenanigans.

Taylor had searched all kinds of texts to find a power that could heal him. He accidentally finds an ancient text in an old bookstore and although it was difficult to decipher the ancient text, he manages to decipher a few words after working hard.

Restoration. Rocky tower.

These two things became clues for Taylor who immediately headed to Puzzle City, which could also be called Rock Tower City. He was probably in Puzzle City right now. In the novel, he would regain the old power in about a month.

"But it was useless."

The "Vitality of the Heart" could not restore an already injured body. He was only able to restore the injuries suffered after gaining power. There was also a limit on how much could be restored, as well as a cost to pay for any restoration.

Taylor fell into despair after learning this fact. He didn't have time, and this ancient power was his last hope. It was because Taylor didn't know when Venion would come to kill him.

"He died a month after finding power."

Taylor ends up dying at the hands of an unknown organization while the capital was in a state of chaos due to the terrorist incident. Of course, Venion was responsible for sending this organization after Taylor.

The reason Cale remembered this supporting character, who seemed to have an even smaller role than the original Cale in the novel, was because of the strong friendship Taylor had with his friend.

The mad priestess. She was Taylor's friend and the only person to survive Taylor's assassination. She angrily kills half of the assassins and ends up being excommunicated by the temple. She ends up with a serious back injury from the incident and confidently tells the temple what she did.

"I acted like a human rather than following the will of the lord. I believe this is the right thing to do.

She then continued.

"I am now free!"

This is when she begins to be called a crazy priestess by others. His specialty was using the power of the God of Death to cast curses. The temple had excommunicated her, but her god had not rejected her.

When war broke out in the novel, she became famous, even though she was not a hero, because of the way she helped heal the wounded.

"I think it will be different this time."

There was a good chance that Taylor wouldn't die in a month. Venion was going to be busy dealing with the dragon incident and putting himself in the Marquis's shoes. He would likely need to focus on his younger siblings rather than his crippled older brother to maintain his status as heir to the Marquis title.

"And since I'm going to take away Taylor's last hope, I'll have to give her new hope."

Even though Heart Vitality was an ancient power that Taylor didn't need, Cale wasn't so evil that he could take away someone's last hope.