Chapter 26

At the end of the third day, his condition finally improved, his fever had gone down and his heart was normal. Only his general state of weakness remained, but the doctor had told them that this was normal. He must rest without doing any physical activity or even without moving at all. Well with his family around, he didn't really need to do anything.

He was finally able to talk with everyone and they had a lot to say unfortunately for him.

"Cale...I'm sorry..." the first to speak was Eric. He wanted to apologize for ignoring him when they were kids. He could have taken better care of his friend then and now.

Apologies came from Gilbert and Amiru shortly after.

Cale just looked at him, he was now comfortable sitting on his bed.

Like the first time the count was apologetic, he felt uncomfortable. The original Cale should have heard them and not him. Maybe he can ask the god of death to pass them on to the right person or something.

Given Cale's silence, they thought he wasn't going to accept their excuse and completely ignore them like they had done. But Cale opened his mouth to tell them that there was no problem. It was he who made everyone move away from him and it was something he tried to do, the others are not responsible.

Eric and the other nobles who weren't aware of the whole story were a little confused. Cale didn't want to explain it to them so Basen did it for him. The others felt even more guilty after learning everything.

Well Cale can't do anything about that, he was going to go back to sleep but Basen told him one more thing.

"ah yes, the king is organizing an award ceremony in 4 days. You are the main concern. They want to award you a medal" Basen and the others looked happy about this while Cale took a while to understand the information.

"I want to refuse it, Basen can you let them know. I absolutely refuse all medals! » Cale said it almost with desperation. He didn't want it at all. The others didn't really understand his choice.

"Son, you know they want to reward you for what you did. Even though it goes against our family motto, it's too late now. You should take what you got"

" No no. I don't want it at all, thank you! » Cale was adamant and seemed unwilling to change his mind.

"*sigh* okay, I'll pass it on to them" Basen said resolutely. His brother was really too humble.

Cale sincerely thanked his brother.

They then told him to rest for the rest of the day. Unfortunately for him someone else had come to see him.

Everyone had left the room, only Cale, the crown prince and Basen remained who didn't want to leave him alone with this guy.

The crown prince was sitting on a chair near Cale's bed while Basen was standing on the other side near Cale.

"Hello young masters, how are you Mr. Cale? »

"I'm feeling better, thank you for your concern."

"That's good, I learned that you refused the medal. Do you really want nothing more? We still have to thank you for what you did"

Cale thought a little, and said it directly.

"I want money, if you really want to thank me. Nothing would please me more"

Alberu was a little impressed by the noble's direct words, it was the first time he had been spoken to like that but he didn't say anything. He had already noticed that Cale Henituse might not look exactly like the rumors about him in addition to his behavior at the banquet. They may have some resemblance. He didn't ask again why he wanted the money. He could already see Basen Henituse looking at him from the side.

"*sigh* very good. Regarding the incident on the square, I have already resolved the problem with Count Deruth. But you really weren't involved with them? » he asked just in case. But Basen Henituse glared back at him.

It's true that he had already told her no but he preferred to hear from the mouth of the person concerned. He could see if he's lying.

"No, your Highness. I only acted in the moment, it wasn't planned"

Cale responded quickly after all it was the truth. He wouldn't have used his power if it wasn't truly necessary.

He had other things to ask but with Basen present, he couldn't. But he definitely would later when they were alone.

"I'll let you know when your reward is near." Have a good rest in the meantime and we hope to see you at the next ceremony. »

The prince left with that. He is now alone with his brother.

"Hyung, do you want to know what we discussed with his altes this was the last time? »

"No, no need, I trust you" Cale said that but he thought it was just boring. Plus he was tired, so he went back to bed to go back to sleep.

For the rest of the week Cale didn't do much besides sleep and eat. He didn't even get out of bed. He was visited by everyone once again even Taylor came to talk to him. The only people he hadn't seen were Choi han, Rosalyn and Lock. Now that he thought about it, it's been a while since he's seen them.

"Basen where have the others gone? »

They were alone again with the dragon and the kits. The count had left for the county, he could not leave his work on hold for too long even if he would have liked to do so to stay with his son.

"Ah, yes I forgot to tell you. They had something to settle, they left together. They were reluctant to leave you here in your state but since it seemed urgent. We reassured them that we will look after you. »

"Of course with me, nothing will happen to you, weak human! »

He was able to hear the voice of the child and that of the kittens in addition to that of his brother. He nodded to everyone.

Today was the day you expected for the medal ceremony. Basen had already told him that he didn't have to go but Cale absolutely wanted to do it even though everyone told him otherwise. Even the other nobles from the Northeast had come specially to tell him but Cale remained stubborn about it so they made a condition.