Chapter 8

"Father, I don't think this is a good idea. It's been too long since I've attended this kind of event..." He seemed a little embarrassed and shy as he said it, hoping that his father would change his mind, but it was Basen who spoke.

"Don't worry, I'll be with you." Basen seemed a little too happy. Where was the original Basen who was afraid of Cale?

Cale had a lot of questions about this strange behavior but didn't say anything.

"Of course you two will be, everything will be fine. We have already notified a doctor in our residence in the capital who is aware of everything. So even if there is a problem everything will be handled quickly. Plus it's a way for the two of you to chat a little." Deruth was very enthusiastic so that his two sons could finally bond a little and get to know each other through this trip. Will just hope that everything goes well...for some unknown reason he felt a thrill which he ignored. There was no reason for anything to happen.

Faced with the look of joy from both, Cale he couldn't refuse. Plus he knew what was going to happen in the capital. He couldn't let Basen get hurt or his lazier life might be in danger.

He needs to talk to Choi Han after this, he needs to find help for the incident at the capital. Choi Han's companions in the story would be perfect... but how to make them meet... plus even the path to the capital seemed dangerous in the original story. A village was destroyed because of a mad dragon... he had so much to do. He unconsciously put a hand over his eyes and sighed tiredly, he already felt exhausted from it all.

He could hear two people calling to him with hesitation and concern. He quickly looked towards the people who called him.

"Cale? Are you doing well ? " Deruth asked and Basen didn't say anything but those eyes had the same glow.

" Hmm ? yes I'm fine I'm just tired."

"You should go and rest before you leave and... I would like you to have yourself examined by the doctor, so that he can confirm to me that you are really well."

"I feel good, there's really no need..."

"Cale, I'm sorry but you're leaving me no choice. If you don't I won't let you go."

Cale dreaded this, he now had no choice but to accept his father's request. He absolutely had to go to the capital for the sake of his dream.

"*sigh* Okay..." Cale just prayed to all the gods, well except the god of death who seemed pointless the doctor couldn't find anything. Otherwise he will never be able to leave the county again...

" Great ! I'll let him know right away, you can go back to your room. He will come in a few minutes, time to call him." His father seems happy for some unknown reason.

He didn't say anything more and left the office to go to his room, he simply lay down on his bed and waited for the doctor to come.

It took quite a while and he almost fell asleep when he heard a noise at his door.

" Come in."

"Hello young master."

"Good morning."

The doctor entered accompanied by Ron and the Count.

The doctor approached him, the children left the bed and returned to the corner for fear of the strange man.

"How have you been, young master, since the last time ? Do you still have pain or do you feel anything special?"

"I'm fine and no, I don't suffer from anything anymore."

"Okay very well, give me your hand."

Cale simply reached out as requested, waiting for the doctor's report with a slight fear. Only Ron noticed, but he did not say anything, the doctor should see if there is a problem.

Some time later he finally spoke.

" His condition has not changed, he just needs to continue taking his medication, eat enough and get proper rest. And everything should be fine."

Cale practically sighed in relief when he found nothing.

The doctor then left with the Count and Ron telling him to rest. Which he obviously did. He took advantage of the little quiet time he had left. He has two days to organize everything and talk to Choi Han before he leaves.

He woke up in the evening for dinner, everything was already on the table, the children were waiting for him to start. Once that was over he summoned Choi Han to explain that he would not be with him for the entire trip and that he had to go meet two people. He was hesitant at first, telling him that he had to protect him but Cale quickly told him that Ron would be there too. He finally agreed, Ron alone was already a bigger threat than anything that could happen.

Cale finished the interview with Choi Han, he went to take a shower before going to bed. He did it quickly, he was very tired of having to talking with the swordsman, so he didn't notice an important detail.

Ron came over to bring some night clothes and help Cale change. he immediately saw a tattoo that didn't exist before.

"Young master, what is this?"

Cale looked down to see what Ron was talking about.

"Ah yes it's the tattoo of the old power..." Of course he knew it left a mark on the wearer's body. He had read it in the novel but with everything that had happened in the meantime, he had forgotten it.

The butler looked at him still waiting for a response.

"I liked the pattern." Was the only sensible answer he could give. Given the look Ron gave him, the answer didn't seem right.

"I'm tired, I'd like to go to bed." He asked the butler to hurry up to avoid more questions to which he had no answer to give.

He quickly finished changing it but he certainly had not forgotten his young master's lie.

Cale was finally able to fall asleep. He must have still thought about the dragon for not dying in the explosion of the village.