Chapter 39

I just noticed that part of the chapter was not posted ...

-----

" What ? " Cale didn't understand their gaze on him.

Instead of answering Cale's question, Basen asked a other question.

"How long have you known about your condition?"

They could see Cale thinking before he spoke.

"Hmm... a little before I met Choi han."

"Hyung, I want you to make a wish that you won't use your old powers again. "

Basen was very serious in saying it but his brother remained silent.

"Hyung?"

"*sigh* I'm sorry but I can't. "

Basen looked at his brother with a hurt expression but Cale really didn't seem to want to change his mind.

"Can you at least tell me why? What could be so important that you want to risk your life? "

"...I can't tell you but it's important..."

"I see, I understand you don't trust me... that's good, it hasn't been that long..." Basen then left the room, slamming the door.

The noise echoed in the room leaving the others uncomfortable with the two brothers' argument even though they understood Basen. They didn't say anything, they didn't have to do it.

"Human... can you at least promise that you will be careful and not die?" The little dragon asked his human. He almost looked like he was going to cry.

"Of course, I promise I won't die."

Cale seemed convinced of his words so the others relaxed a little.

"We'll leave you but you should go talk to your brother."

Cage said it and the little dragon teleported them and Taylor home.

They secretly wished Young Master Basen good luck.

Choi han then also left the room without saying anything more. But he became even more motivated to train and get stronger so that he didn't need to use these powers.

Now only the children remained.

Cale simply went back to bed, the children came against him.

He wasn't sleepy but he didn't want to go talk to Basen. He didn't know what to say it anyway. He was sure he would understand it later and above all he is not his real brother so why does he seem to care about him?

He laughed bitterly as he remembered that he possessed Cale Henituse's body. That was probably the only reason. He didn't want to see his brother's body hurt, he could understand that seeing his family suffer is not something anyone would like to see.

Well his condition isn't something he should care about. He could also tell him that he's not really his brother and that he was somewhere else alive and well and maybe he would stop worrying about him. But he was also afraid of his reaction...

Instead of thinking, he just decided to fall asleep, it was a good way to escape his problems.

He was able to sleep peacefully the rest of the day, he just went out to eat but everyone could see that there was a tense feeling between the two young masters especially during the evening meal around the table no one spoke but the tension was palpable.

"Basen, Cale, is there a problem?" No longer able to stand the atmosphere, Countess Violan spoke. Deruth wanted to ask that too but he let his wife handle that.