Chapter 20

He was too focused on the black dragon that he was talking to it like his brother thought.

There was a reason he brought the Black Dragon with him today.

- Voice recording magic is ready.

Cale had asked the Black Dragon to record everything that happened today. Video recording required a lot of mana and was difficult to maintain for a long time, so Cale had to make do with simple voice recording.

Cale was not originally going to do this because the palace would have a lot of mana-sensitive mages, but the Black Dragon assured him that this would not be detected as long as the range of the voice recording was small.

Cale could hear the servant calling out his name in addition to Basen's as they entered the hallway.

"Not bad."

He looked around the great hall before walking behind Basen.

There were five tables in the room. Northeast, northwest, southwest, southeast and center. They were all divided according to each of the noble factions.

"The crown prince is good at this sort of thing."

He controlled things in the background to make the factions compete while forcing them to come together from time to time. It was the crown prince's specialty. But the crown prince was also very meticulous about his own treatment.

The crown prince's table was located in front of these five tables, in a place about two steps higher than the others.

"The seats of the second and third princes are one step lower than his."

One rung lower than the crown prince's table was the second and third princes' table. Even if this event was hosted by the crown prince, it would be strange if the second and third princes did not attend a gathering of nobles. Since it was the crown prince who welcomed him, he made sure to show a gap between their status.

"He really pays attention to these little unnecessary details."

The crown prince, in fact, all the people in those positions of power really weren't Cale's type of people.

Cale followed Basen to their table. The Palace of Joy had opened the eastern entrance as its designated entrance, and the table of nobles from the Northeast region was closest to the gate.

Even though the Northeast region had a voice, it did not have a strong enough home to have a strong voice.

But the two simply took a seat next to each other. They didn't care about their place, Hénituse county has always been neutral by choice.

A short time later Basen could see Eric, Gilbert and Amiru entering. They headed towards them. Of course all the nobles of the Northeast are together. Basen found this particularly annoying.

the three greeted them before taking their seats. They also found it strange that Young Master Cale was so calm. They thought that perhaps young master Basen had said something to him or that Eric had made the right choice with his letters.

"I am happy that my efforts seem to have paid off."

"what effort?" Cale asked him sincerely confused.

"did you not receive my letters?"

Cale looked at Basen asking if he had received anything.

"no I didn't see anything either" Basen replied innocently.

"well, it doesn't matter, you just have to do nothing and keep quiet. We will do everything for you" Eric replied a little lower so that only their table could hear.