Chapter 17

Cage and Taylor observed a sleeping Cale. They could see that his complexion had improved during the trip but he still appears to be taking medication in addition to a doctor traveling with them.

Was the young master ill? but no one seemed to know except the people sending them who all seemed to be worried about him. And those rumors about him don't seem true either. He behaved normally the entire time with them and seemed to treat everyone well. They were really intrigued by Cale Henituse who seemed to be hiding from others.

"you seem to have a lot of questions?" Basen asked, he had of course seen the look of these people on his brother. He wasn't sure why his Hyung was helping them but they seemed like decent people.

"I'm sorry..." Taylor looked away .

"Cale Henituse doesn't look like the rumors"

" Cage ?! "

Obviously Cage asked the question he also wanted to ask but it was indiscreet to do so.

"Young Master Basen, I'm sorry for-"

Basen sighed and shook his head. Well he couldn't really do anything about it after 10 years or his brother behaved like trash. Everyone, even people who didn't know him, had heard of his reputation. It will take time for him to change her, but he will do it to help his brother.

"It doesn't matter, I understand...after all he did it on purpose..."

Cage and Taylor frowned at these words.

"*sigh* we recently discovered that he was ill, quite seriously and for a long time. He destroyed his reputation to hide his illness and abuse, with his father believing that the servants are partly responsible. A lack of food in his childhood made him sick as he grew up..." Basen looked sad as he told them all this.

Cage and Taylor were in shock even the cat children next to him who were hearing the story for the first time were shocked.

" How it is possible ?! "

"We don't know... we barely noticed... he suffered alone for the last few years while everyone hated him" Basen had tears in his eyes now. He doesn't know why they were telling them all this but he needed to somehow.

Cage approached Basen and handed him a tissue.

"I'm sorry...thank you"

"it doesn't matter, I understand that we are worried about someone we care about" she looked at Taylor with a warm look.

"We can help you in the capital to protect it. Even though he also got our help, I also want to help him more. I owe him a lot"

Cage nodded in agreement with his friend.

Basen thanked them. Even though he was curious about their agreement he said nothing. His brother would tell him if he wanted.

Arriving near the capital he now had to pass the guard post. Cale had given them an invisibility device.

Basen was curious when his brother was able to find such a magical item.

Cage and Taylor activated it before entering.

Once through the door a guard opened the carriage to inspect it. Basen told him to hurry up so he wouldn't wake up his brother next to him. He quickly inspected the interior of the carriage as Basen looked on. Once finished, he wished them a good stay in the capital.

Arriving at the estate, Henituse Basen woke up his brother. They got out of the carriage wishing Cage and Taylor good luck.

The servants greeted the two representatives of the Henituse family but Cale got a disparaging look. Basen saw it but Cale was stuck. Basen looked back at the servants and would later discuss it with the head butler of the residence. The two then quickly entered the domain.