Chapter 31

Cale went back to bed but was not asleep, he was waiting for them to return.

Basen left with the black dragon. He brought him to where he was before with Cale.

They quickly found the right cave with the water Cale was looking for. he had explained to them that he was looking for something similar to his old power and with this the dragon was able to locate the right place.

"he is in this cave but I also feel the presence of something else"

"Is this dangerous?" Basen asked a little worried.

"Hmm, I am a powerful dragon, nothing is dangerous. I will protect you!"

He put an invisibility spell on himself and Basen before entering.

The closer they got, the more strange things they could see, they found corpses of an unknown species not far away. Neither knew what they were, they would ask Cale later he would definitely know.

They then entered and came across an unconscious person.

The dragon shined a little light with an orde made of mana to see better and it seemed to hurt his leg. They were of course not going to leave him here, they will bring him back with them so they can treat him. But they still had to get back what they came for. Otherwise they were sure Cale was going to come himself.

"where is the water?"

"a little further at the bottom of the cave, aren't you going to help him?" He asked in case the other human saved everyone he was going to do it too or was he going to leave him here?

"of course but I'm going to get what Huyng wanted"

He walked a little further the dragon had told him the place was safe now.

He could see a puddle, it looked like normal water but he was sure it was that for some unknown reason. He took out the small bottle his brother had given him and filled it with water.

He then returned to the dragon.

"can you bring him back with us, hyung will surely be able to help us"

The little dragon obeyed, he put flying and invisibility magic on the three of them.

They quickly returned to the room. Cale is up to welcome them.

The black dragon deactivated the magic on him and the other two people with him.

Cale's face froze in shock when he saw the person with them.

"Paston..." he murmured, resenting the name that came to his mind after seeing his face. He certainly looked like the half-blood that was described in the book.

But the one in the story did not survive, he died and his family spent years trying to find him. Well it looks like his luck worked out for once. He can use him to ask the whale king for a favor.

" you know him ? » Basen asked intriguingly.

Cale just shook his head. He approached him to see his condition, when he saw the wound on his leg he could also see something suspicious in the wound.

"Is there anything else in or near this cave?" »

"hmm... yes there were corpses of strange creatures, they looked like a human but they were not human. Their hands were strange like palm fronds. »

"*sigh* it was probably mermaids, he must have fought against them and got hurt, that's not good..."

He was thinking about the reason for this but quickly shook his head, he'll see later.

" Why ? » a question quickly came from Basen. It seemed to be just hurt right?

"He must have been affected by the mermaids' poison, it is fatal if not treated quickly. »

Basen's eyes twitched at the name even he knew it.

"but there is no cure, we cannot save him..."

The mood in the room became gloomy, he was going to die without them being able to help him.

"I can do it, dragon the corpses you saw can you bring me an arm? It's important, hurry up"

The little dragon left right away without asking any questions.

"you know a way, but..."

"help me get him back to the bathroom" Cale stopped him from asking more questions, he didn't know how to answer them after all.

"don't touch the wound" Basen nodded and helped Cale carry Paston into the bathtub.

He did not ask the reason for choosing a patient. If his brother said so, there must have been a reason.

The little dragon then returned with one arm, Basen flinched when he saw it. He wasn't used to this kind of thing, he saw his brother accept it without even changing his expression. His brother was truly amazing.

Cale took it and turned on the water to dip his arm in it.

He came back to life under the disgusted looks of Basen and the dragon. The kittens had already gone back to hide under the bed after seeing the arm in the dragon's hands.

Cale found something sharp to make an incision. The blood flowed and fell on the man's leg.

The green liquid in the wound started to sizzle as soon as it came into contact with the mermaid's blood.

The pain awakened the half-blood. He didn't know where he was but he was starting to get scared, especially after seeing the knife in the hand of the red-haired man in front of him.

He wanted to run away but he remembered the poison and that he couldn't move, he only felt pain but strangely he felt better now.

He could see the stranger in front of him holding out a bloody arm to him.

Paston looked at him strangely.

"drink this and you will feel better"

He did what he said was always better than dying.

" who are you ? » Paston was intrigued by this strange human, normally there was no known cure, how did he discover it?

Cale ignored these words, he threw his entire arm into the water, he disappeared immediately.

"I'm tired, take care of him"

He spoke to Basen, the black dragon had become invisible again since Paston woke up.

He watched his brother walk to his bed and fall asleep without saying anything more, for some reason he seemed slightly sad.

Well Cale remembered Paston's story from the book and didn't want to think about it any more than he already had so he left it to someone else. take care of it.

Basen spoke a little with Paston to explain to him that they mean him no harm and that they found him passed out in a cave.

With these words Paston remembered his fight with the mermaids and the information he had found.

"I must return home immediately..."

"you have just been healed, you can stay here a little. »

"thanks, but I really have to go." I'll come back later "

Basen wanted to dissuade him but he didn't have time. Paston had already left.

He sighed before returning to his room. He will tell his brother tomorrow.

The kits and the dragon joined Cale on the bed.