Chapter 40

And the reaction was immediate, Cale passed out in pain as if his body was breaking.

Basen quickly approached him before he fell out of bed. He barely caught him and laid him on his bed. He could see that her breathing was uneven and her body was shaking.

"Hurry up and help him!" He called the doctors present who went to help the young master.

Deruth and Violan have just woken up to the cries of their son. They approached the unconscious Cale but the doctors pushed them away.

"He has trouble breathing, he needs space. "

" What did you do ?! " Deruth returned to the priest in question, he was angry.

"I just wanted to check his body, I don't know what happened. " He seemed really sorry.

"Were you even able to see anything?"

"It seems as if the god of death is exerting its power directly on the young master's body. Not through a wish but the power of the god itself. "

All the priests were shocked, it was the first time they had heard of such a thing.

"Doesn't that make him a Saint?" A priest in the color of the sun god spoke.

"I'm not sure...we would have been informed if a new Saint had been appointed." He himself doubted his words.

Everyone's eyes fell on Cale Henituse in pain, the doctors were still around him in panic.

As for the doctors, they first took stock of the young master's body. Whatever happened it certainly wasn't good.

"His pulse is irregular and weak..."

"His breathing is also bad. "

They tried to treat him but nothing worked, one of the doctors left Cale to go see the others. He wanted to talk with the priests maybe the divine powers could help here if they were the cause maybe they could also be the cure.

" How is he ? " Deruth asked he was worried.

"Not well at all and his condition seems to be getting worse. Can you check his condition and maybe help him? " His gaze passed over the priests.

" Of course. " That of the god of death approached the bed but Basen intervened.

"You already used your power on him and it didn't end well. I don't think this is a good idea. "

He looked at the young master who was speaking to him, his gaze seemed a little haughty but Basen said nothing.

"I don't think his condition is related to my power. Perhaps just an unfortunate coincidence, the young master has always been on the side of the weak. "

He continued walking towards the bed. Basen wanted to stop him but he didn't seem to want to listen to him.

Before he could place his hand on Cale's body again a familiar person entered the room practically breaking down the bedroom door.

"Stop, don't use your power on him!" Cage spoke completely out of breath as if she had run from Stan territory to Henituse County.

"Priestess Cage?" The priest obviously knew this person but she was excommunicated for a reason he did not know. But she was always a deviant nimble person so he didn't say anything against it.

"You're going to end up killing him, stay away!"

"You're not even part of our church anymore, how did you know?!"

"Miss, what do you mean?" Violan decided to at least ask the woman. She would rather be careful than risk Cale's life.

"Using the power of the god of death on the young master is dangerous if not done correctly. He could interfere and damage the bond the god of death made so his condition wouldn't kill him right away."