CHAPTER 4

In the stillness of the night, Pratipa, exhausted from the weight of his duties, lay sound asleep in his grand chamber next to his wife, the daughter of Shibi, Sunanda.

It remained a dreamless slumber, until the old king found himself, standing in a courtroom.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Pratipa found himself standing in a vast hall, shimmering with an otherworldly light. It was a majestic scene, reminiscent of the grandest of temples, adorned with intricate carvings and towering pillars.

He then gazed at the source of the light, and there was the queen of kings, seated regally on the throne.

Her eyes gleamed with an otherworldly wisdom, and her radiant beauty filled the entire chamber with an ethereal glow

Upon witnessing this divine sight, the old king's voice got caught in his throat, and he became lost for words. Bowing before her, he was rendered speechless by the magnitude of her majesty.

Feeling a mixture of awe, reverence, and unwavering respect coursing through his veins, he stood humbled before the goddess of all kings, Aryabharti.

"Maharaj Pratipa, aapke nyaayepurn shaashan ka suryast hone ko aya hai." She said. Her voice, rich and melodious, cut through the stillness.

"Maine toh keval aapke diye updesho par hi raaj kiya hai, Akhand Maharani." Pratipa said.

"Aur aapne unn updesho ka palan sacchi nishtha ke saath kiya hai. Aapne sadev sabhi praaniyo ke hit mei vichaar Kiya hai. Aur unke hit ke liye Rajdharm ka palan satya ke saath kiya hai." Aryabharti said.

Pratipa smiled, but it was short lived after hearing the goddess say, "Paranatu,"

"Parantu kya, Devi ?" He asked with a frown.

"Aap apna ek vachan bhul rahe hai." She spoke with an air of reminiscence, inviting the old king to recall a forgotten promise made in the distant past.

"Kaunsa vachan ?" Pratipa asked, unable to recall.

"Wahi, jo aapne varsho pehle Ganga tat par tapasya karte samaye ek divya nari ko diya tha." Aryabharti said.

The king's mind, once clouded by the passage of time, suddenly cleared, and the memories of his oath flooded back to him. In an instant, he remembered the time when he had encountered a lady of divine beauty.

Over the years, Pratipa had become wrapped up in the affairs of mortal matters, forgetting the sacred bond established through that promise.

"Jo Raja apna vachan pura nahi karta, use bada paap lagta hai. Aur mrityu ke pashchaat bhi usse shaanti nahi milti. Pratipa, kripiya apna vachan purn kijiye. Anyatha aap jaisa dharmparayan Raja, sansaar mei ninda ka paatra ban jayega." She said.
.
.
.
.
.
.