CHAPTER 59

-- SOMETIME LATER --

In the dimly lit jail cell, Devaki was sitting on the hard, cold floor, cradling her newborn baby in her arms. The tiny infant is swaddled in cloth, and his peaceful face is a stark contrast to the harsh environment surrounding them.

The damp walls of the prison seemed to fade away as she held her newborn baby in her arms. Her eyes shone with a pure, innocent joy as she gazed down at the fragile bundle in her arms. The baby's soft coos and gentle movements filled the air with a sense of tranquility, as if the entire world had paused to witness this precious moment.

Vasudev sat with a contented smile, his eyes filled with tenderness as he looked upon his wife and new child. He gently reached out to touch the baby's tiny fingers, his heart overflowing with a sense of overwhelming happiness. Despite the harsh reality of their imprisonment, in this moment, all that mattered was the sheer joy of welcoming a new life into the world.

As the peaceful moment lingered, the sound of heavy footsteps echoed down the corridor outside the cell.

Devaki's heart skipped a beat, and she clutched her baby closer to her chest, her eyes darting towards the entrance. Fear and panic gripped her as she knew who was approaching - Kamsa.

"Nahi." She shook her head, clutching the baby close to her heart, her eyes watering with sheer terror.

As Kamsa's menacing figure appeared in the doorway, Devaki's panic intensified, and she instinctively shielded her baby from his sight. The air in the cell grew heavy with tension as Kamsa's cold, piercing gaze fell upon the mother and child, sending shivers down their spines.

"Apne putra ko uske mamashree se nahi milaogi Devaki ?" He asked with a sinister smirk.

"Nahi !" Devaki shouted turning away, holding her baby tightly.

Vasudev gazed at her with profound sorrow etched on his face. He gently placed a hand on her quivering shoulder, witnessing the anguish that consumed her entire being. Tears of dread cascaded down her cheeks, as she grappled with the impending reality that lay before her. Despite the overwhelming weight of the situation, she struggled to come to terms with it, unable to fully accept the inevitable.

With eyes filled with anger and hatred, Kamsa aggressively snatched the baby from Devaki's arms.

"BHAIYA NAHI !" She let out a heart-wrenching cry as she tried to run behind Kamsa, her arms outstretched towards her precious child. The shackles on her feet made it difficult to keep up with his pace.

And before she could reach him, rthe prison door was shut, separating her from her baby and leaving her sobbing miserably.

"Daya karo bhaiya ! Kripa Karo !" Devaki cried, "Mujhe ek baar laad toh karne do bhaiya ! Ek baar thik se sneh toh karne do !"

Vasudev could only watch in horror and helplessness as his wife's cries echoed through the prison, his own heart breaking at the sight of their child being torn away from them once again

However, the cruel Kamsa didn't pay heed to the pitiful cries of Devaki as he callously walked away, clutching the wailing newborn in his arms.

"BHAIYA ! BHAIYA !" Devaki's piercing scream echoed through the air, her anguished cries reverberating as tears cascaded relentlessly from her eyes.

But then a loud thud was heard, abruptly silencing the newborn's distant cries. Devaki froze completely as she heard the chilling sound of Kamsa's laughter pierced through the air. Her fifth son had also succumbed to the same fate. His delicate form, too precious and innocent, had been mercilessly crushed upon the unforgiving coldness of the stone.

Devaki's lips released a mournful cry, echoing through the place, as she collapsed onto her knees. She clutched her chest, feeling as if her heart had been ripped apart. The weight of grief pressed upon her, threatening to consume her entirely.

Kamsa's laughter echoed in her ears, a haunting reminder of the cruelty that surrounded her. How could a mother bear to witness such unspeakable acts ? Each loss was a dagger through her soul, leaving behind scars that would never heal.

Vasudev, with a firm grip on her shoulders, stood by her side, his aged eyes welling up with silent tears that streamed down his weathered face.

"O Hari.... O Vishnu...." Devaki sobbed resting her head on the iron bars of the cell.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Hume newborn baby ko uthane mei itna dar lagta hai.... Yeh krur Kamsa inhe fek fek ke maar raha 💀

I know they are Shadgarbhas, who need to be liberated, lekin the trauma of Devaki maiya 😭

Waise the Yadavas are in deep shit, now let's see what the Kurus are upto 🌝.... NGL agle chapter mei ek aisa myth bust hoga ki tum mei se bahuto ke paero tale zameen khisak jaayegi-💀✨