CHAPTER 27

In the dimly lit room, stifled sobs escaped from a devastated Ambika as she, in her trembling arms, cradled her newborn baby, who was destined to be forever unaware of the luminous world surrounding them. Although the son was healthy and radiant like a gandharv, he was blind.

Deep sorrow engulfed her as she tried desperately to comprehend why fate has been so cruel. The resounding silence pierced her soul; a void echoed within her every breath as she grappled with the injustice thrust upon this fragile life.

Satyavati sat beside him, she wanted to console her, but how could she ? How should she ? The wife of Shantanu was worrying about the future of the kingdom as well. Being Rajmata, a sense of insecurity for the kingdom gnawned at her heart.

She kept hand over the shoulder of Ambalika, who was sitting beside her sister and consoling her.

"Rajya ka surakshit bhavishya ab tumhare upar nirbhar hai, Kousalya." Satyavati said.

"Mere upar ?" Ambalika asked with moist eyes.

"Ha. Ved Vyas ne dusra putra pradaan karne ko sajj hai. Tumhe ek aise putra ko janm dena hi hoga, jo Hastinapur ke Raja banne yogya ho." Satyavati told.

Ambalika gulped, she was afraid that her child may also have a defect like Ambika's son even at the slightest of misconduct. But she composed herself, remembering her position as the queen and her duty towards her late husband and the Kingdom.

"Uchit hai." Ambalika said lowering her gaze.

On the other side Bhishm stood at the front corridor of the palace, from where the entire city was visible. His face was etched with disappointment. He felt bad for Ambika, but he felt more bad for the throne of Hastinapur.

"Hey Akhand Maharani..." He muttered gazing up, "Yeh kyu ho raha hai ? Chakravarti Bharat ne aapko yeh bhoomi samarpit ki thi, ab uss Bharat ke kul mei aisa andhakaar kyu ?"

"Dhairya rakhiye, Mahamahim." Kripacharya said keeping his hand over Bhishm's shoulders, "Ved Vyas ne Kurukul ko dusra putra pradaan karne ka vachan diya hai."

"Kulguru, kya sambhavna hai ki putra yogya hoga ? Yadi iss balak ke jaise woh bhi kisi dosh ke saath janma toh ? Chitrangad aur Vichitraveerya ke saath jo huya, mujhe bhaye hai ki dubara Aisa na ho." Bhishm said.

He walked up to the railings, and keeping his hand over it, he gazed at the statue of Rameshwari, that seemed to be the only glorious thing which Hastinapur still had left. She was the last vestige of their great past, whose presence was now more haunting than inspiring, for her statue now seemed to mock the incompetence that loomed over the kingdom.

"Kisi ko toh bhejo...." Bhishm said in a trembling voice, his grip over the railing tightening, "Kisi ko toh bhejo jo tumhari talwaar utha sake !"

Kripacharya frowned, he has never seen Bhishm to be so anguished and desperate.

"Aapko kabhi saiyam khote nahi dekha, Mahamahim. Kya sata raha hai aapko ?" Kripacharya asked.

Bhishm looked at him and sighed, "Apne mrityu ka bhaye. Jis vyakti ko pata ho ki uska vadh swayam Prajapati Nar ke haatho hone wala hai, use kaha shaanti milegi ? Amba ke piche toh maine guptchar bheje hai, uske sabhi gatividhiyo par meri drishti hai. Parantu, Bhagwaan Nar ke piche koi guptchar ko kaise bheju ? Kaise pata lagayu ki kis roop mei woh aayenge ? Gandharv honge, ya Yaksh ? Ya fir manushya ? Nisaadho ke rajya se honge, ya Magadh ke rajya se ? Kaise avtaar lenge woh ? Kab lenge woh ? Kuch nahi pata."

"Mahamahim, aane wala kal kisne dekha hai ? Aur mrityu jab aayegi tab aayegi. Abhi yeh kyu bhayebhit hona ? Aur waise bhi, swargiya Pita-Maharaj ne aapko iccha mrityu ka vardaan diya hai." Kripacharya said.

"Bhagwaan Nar, swayam Narayan hai. Ab Narayan ke samaksh kaunsa vardaan tika hai ? Mujhe chinta iss baat ki hai ki yadi Hastinapur ke iss stithi mei meri mrityu hoti hai, toh iss rajya ka patan ho jayega." Bhishm said.

"Jiske karm bure hote hai, use mrityu se bhayebhit hona chahiye. Kyuki uski durgati toh Yamraj ke nyayalaye mei hogi. Aap jaise yashashvi veer ko mrityu ka bhaye shobha nahi deta, kyuki mrityu toh aap jaiso ke liye swarg ke bhog ka dwaar hoti hai." Kripacharya said.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Koi na Pitamah abhi young hai, iss liye mrityu se bhayebhit ho rahe hai.

Also it's interesting that Bhishm knew Arjun would kill him, yet he loved Arjun the most. And it's also said Bhishm had gotten afraid of his death prophecy, so much that he sent spies behind Amba.

So my interpretation of the entire scenario, that I'll be showing, is that ek time ke baad.... Pitamah thak gaye the jeevan se~ especially when Dhritrashtra ascends the throne.

Thus I think when he first sees Arjun, he sees his mukti rather than his mrityu ✨