CHAPTER 26

The flickering lights from the lamps, mirrored the anxiety of Satyavati who paced back and forth. But at least now she was assured that the kuru dynasty will not come to an end now.

"Chinta na kare, Mata." Bhishm said, "Vyasdev par mujhe vishwas hai, woh awashya humare kul ko bacha lenge."

"Jaanti hu, putra. Dwaipayan par mujhe purn vishwas hai. Parantu, hum par baar baar aisi aapdaye aayi hai, ki mai bhayebhit ho jaa rahi hu." Satyavati said.

As they spoke this way, the door of Ambika's room opened and Vyas came out. Satyavati rushed to him.

"Kya Ambika ek uttam putra ko janm degi ?" She asked.

Vyas said, "Maharani ek aise putra ko janm degi jo 10,000 haathiyo ke samaan balshaali hoga. Woh gyaani aur Rajao mei shresht hoga. Uske 100 shaktishaali putra honge. Parantu...."

"Parantu kya ?" Satyavati asked anxiously.

"Parantu niyog ne samaye Ambika ne apne netra band karliye the. Apni Mata ke bhul ke karan, woh janmaandh hoga." Vyas said.

Bhishm's heart sank, while Satyavati was shocked.

Holding her son by his shoulders, she said, "Tapodhan, ek andha vyakti iss kul ki raksha kaise kar sakta hai ? Woh kul ko aage kaise badhayega ? Dwaipayan, kripiya Kuruo ko ek dusra putra pradaan kardo."

"Jaisa aap kahe." He said before departing.

-----

The atmosphere of the forest was quiet, only broken by the sounds of arrows zooming through the woods. The great king Shurasen, the ruler of the kingdom named after him, walked through the jungle with delicate steps along his cousin, the son of his father's sister, Kuntibhoj, another great king.

Suddenly their attention is caught by a deer sprinting away at a distance, Shurasen was quick to turn at his feet and shoot an arrow but the agile animal managed to save itself and run deeper into the woods.

Shurasen and Kuntibhoj followed behind the deer who was surprisingly fast. After chasing the animal for some time, they lost it. But the great kings weren't ready to give up on it.

"Tum baahine oor jaao, aur mai daahine oor jata hu." Kuntibhoj said.

"Uchit hai." Shurasen agreed, and thus both the friends went to the opposite direction to find that deer.

Kuntibhoj carefully scanned his surroundings, paying attention to even the slightest of the sounds as he walked through the bushy terrain, with some big trees that provided a canopy against the blazing sun.

Some moments later he heard the sound of a deer, and assuming it was the same, Kuntibhoj rushed in that direction. He caught the glimpse of the dear and was assured that it was the same.

Putting an arrow over his bow and pulling the string, the king of Kuntis took his aim and with delicate steps walked a few steps ahead to get a clear shot, making sure to be quiet enough for the dear to not notice.

But just as his hunt for was getting closer, Kuntibhoj lowered his bow seeing a little fawn suckling the milk from the deer, it's mother. The king lowered his gaze, because the sight saddened him for some reason.

Turning back on his feet, Kuntibhoj went back. His shoulders hung low and so did his face.

"Mitra !" The voice of Shurasen made him gaze up, "Kya tumhe woh mrigh mila ?" He asked.

"Mila." Kuntibhoj said.

Shurasen frowned seeing his saddened expression, "Kya huya ? Tumne uska aakhet nahi kiya ?"

"Woh apne navjaat shishu ke saath thi. Aise mei teer kaise chalata ?" Kuntibhoj said, his voice getting heavy.

"Oh." Shurasen muttered.

"Ab Rajmahal chalte hai, Shura. Aaj ke liye bahut aakhet ho gaya." The king of Kuntis said.

He began to walk away, and Shurasen followed him behind, observing his brooding stance, and wondering what was the reason for his dear friend and cousin's sadness.

"Tumhare dukh ka kya karan hai ?" Shurasen asked as they reached their horses.

A sigh escaped the lips of Kuntibhoj, "Mai aur meri patni, varsho se santaan sukh se vanchit hai. Aaj uss mrigh aur uske bacche ko dekha toh laga ki ek pashu ke paas bhi woh sukh hai jo mujh jaise Raja ke paas nahi. Kya laabh huya iss jeevan ka fir ?"

A small smile appeared on the face of Shurasen as he kept his hand over the shoulder of his cousin, who was yearning for a child.

"Bas itni si baat mitra ?" Shurasen said, Kuntibhoj looked at him confused, "Yadi yahi tumhare dukh ka karan hai, toh mai tumhe vachan deta hu ki mai apni pehli santaan tumhe saup dunga."

Kuntibhoj's lips parted, he asked "Satya ?"

"Ha. Apni mitrata hetu mai itna toh kar hi sakta hu." Shurasen said.

The eyes of Kuntibhoj began to moisten, without saying a word he stepped forward and embraced his friend, who had indebted him with such a favour as an act of friendship.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Ab samaye hai kahani ko vistaar karne ka, aur........

*drumrolls*

YADAVO KE INTRODUCTION KA 🔥✨

Toh yeh the Shurasen, the father of Pritha aka Kunti, Vasudev and many other chiefs among Yadavas.
Aur dusre the Kuntibhoj, the adoptive father of Kunti Mata.