Chapter 43: maybe someday in the future

Amelia's voice was shaky, not just from her ongoing cold but also from the nervousness that had built up as she considered her question.

"Alexia," she began, her eyes meeting Alexia's, "I've been thinking... You know, we've been through so much together. I've seen how caring and loving you are, not just with me, but with everyone. I was wondering, in the future, maybe someday, would you consider adopting a child with me?"

Alexia's eyes widened slightly as she listened to Amelia's heartfelt question. The thought of raising a child with the woman she loved had crossed her mind before, but hearing Amelia express it so directly filled her with warmth.

She reached out and gently brushed a strand of hair from Amelia's forehead, her fingers lingering as she considered the question. "Amelia," she began softly, "I can't imagine a more beautiful future than one where we raise a child together. I've thought about it too, you know. And my answer is yes, absolutely yes."

Amelia's eyes welled up with tears of joy as she hugged Alexia tightly, knowing that their shared future was filled with possibilities, love, and the potential to create a family together.

Amelia couldn't help but chuckle through her stuffed nose as she felt a bit better than the day before. Propped up on the couch with Alexia beside her, they continued discussing their possible future.

"So, Alexia," she said with a mischievous grin, "I figure, if we're going to raise a kid together, we might need to keep the romance alive."

Alexia raised an eyebrow, her interest piqued. "Oh? And how do you suggest we do that?"

Amelia leaned in a bit closer, her voice taking on a playful tone. "I think I'll need to invest in more lingerie sets."

Alexia's response was immediate. She growled softly, a fiery glint in her eyes. "You're driving me wild, you know that?"

Amelia chuckled and leaned over, planting a tender kiss on Alexia's lips. "That's the plan," she whispered, her words making the future they were planning together seem even more exciting.

Amelia, feeling a bit better, decided to show Alexia a sneak peek of the new lingerie set she had ordered. With a sly grin, she unlocked her phone and brought up a picture of the lacy, alluring ensemble.

"Check this out," she said as she showed the image to Alexia, holding the phone just out of her reach, a teasing glint in her eye.

Alexia's eyes widened as she took in the enticing view of the lingerie set. Her breath caught in her throat, and she let out an almost primal growl of desire. "Amelia, you're going to be the death of me."

Amelia laughed, her playful demeanor contagious. "That's the idea, isn't it?" She lowered her phone and, with a mischievous grin, kissed Alexia passionately, leaving no doubt about her intentions for their future together.

Amelia, still grinning, leaned in closer to Alexia and whispered into her ear, "What do you think, Alexia? Should I go with the orange set or the black one?"

Alexia let out another growl, torn between her thoughts of Amelia in orange and black lace. She playfully groaned, "You're making it impossible for me to choose, but I think I'd love to see you in the black one. It's... extra enticing."

Amelia laughed softly and placed a teasing kiss on Alexia's lips. "Black it is, then," she purred.