Chapter 5

"What suddenly got into you? You asked for the marriage to happen earlier than before and you look like you've been sick for years when tomorrow is your wedding." The old granny started to rant once she stepped inside the room.

Sasha who was sitting on the couch, nicely dressed like always by the maids, had a dull look on her face. The makeup couldn't hide the dull and void look in her eyes. The helplessness and fear she felt was beyond her control.

She hated him.

She always would.

"Gosh, look at you." The old granny said in a stressful tone and settled down beside Sasha on the sofa.

Sasha, who had her hands on the sofa on either side of her thighs with her head hanging low, took a deep heavy breath before raising her head and turned to look at the old granny right in the eyes.

The old lady stared at her face stunned. 

Her lips were bruised and swollen. 

Before she could ask something, Sasha raised both of her bruised wrists in front of her. 

Her eyes widened even more as she grabbed both of Sasha's wrist and stared at them in shock.

"He did it."

"Luan..."

"H-He's here granny b-but he's wa-waiting to destroy." Sasha stuttered and pulled both of her wrist out of her hold. She stood up on her weak legs and began to pace around the room. She told the old lady everything that happened except the part where he harassed her.

The old granny was left speechless.

Fear could be seen on her face as well.

She couldn't even deny it anymore because the marks on Sasha's body screamed his presence around.

"What should I do?" Sasha asked.

"Should I let Jasper know?" Just as this question left Sasha's lips, the granny abruptly stood up while shaking her head. "Have you lost your mind? He will not marry you and what if he throws us and our people out? What would you do?" The granny asked and Sasha took a deep breath.

"We will go back to our land." Sasha said and the old lady slowly shook her head. "Our land has been taken over by those blood-sucking monsters." The old lady said and Sasha felt a hard and painful thug on her chest.

"Does Jasper know that? Nobody knows the real cause of our kingdom's fall. Shouldn't we let others know? Shouldn't we let Jasper know so they can be cautious?" Sasha asked desperately and the old granny shook her head with a stern look on her face.

"If they come to know, they will kick us out or even worse, execute us. Can't you be a little selfish for your people?" The granny asked and Sasha frowned.

"If that monster attacks this kingdom, our people will die too." Sasha said before adding. "What's gotten into you?" She asked, not liking the behavior of her old granny.

"Jasper won't let that happen." The old granny said.

"My father wasn't weak either." Sasha retorted.

"I never said that." The granny let out.

"They destroyed us for something bad your father did to them that we don't know. Why would he do the same with Jasper? You're thinking too much." The old lady said.

"That monster was lying. My father never wronged someone." Sasha said and turned her back towards the old lady. "I don't know why he's behind Jasper's kingdom. Maybe, he's not behind his kingdom, this time he's behind me and he is onto something in order to get me." Sasha said, slowly relaxing herself after having a little heated conversation with the old granny.