Chapter 39 (2)

"Where is my father and brother?" She asked sternly while striding up to him but all of a sudden he threw something forward making her jolt back. Her eyes fell down on the floor and they widened to saucers.

"There...your father and brother."

Two royal-blooded cloaks lay near her foot.

She stared down at it with her tilted head.

Did he kill them?

He killed them.

How was that even possible?

Did he kill them just like that?

Did he kill them the way he killed Atlas?

She was in shock and denial. 

Her hands began to tremble in rage as she stared down at the two blooded cloaks with red teary eyes.

"Why? Just WHY?" She yelled and in no time she was right in front of him, she swung her sword in his direction, the blade was inches away from his neck but he sat there, calm like the depth of the sea.

Her blade never touched his neck.

A crunching sound of the metal breaking echoed in the surroundings. He sat there, staring up at her unamused while gripping her blade with his left hand.

"I like the enthusiasm. Sadly, that's not enough." He muttered under his rugged breath. Sasha stared at her sword in shock once he let it go. Half of her sword scattered on the floor like glass shattered pieces and she just stared at it with her now throbbing orbs. 

"I-Impossible."

Her blade was no ordinary blade.

It was unbreakable.

While she was busy staring at it, she didn't realize that he was now standing behind her, towering over her from behind. At that moment she realized why he was the vampire king and why her kingdom was doomed into the darkness.

Her father, brother, sister-in-law...all were dead.

Her mother was dying slowly.

Painfully.

She just stared at her broken sword.

Tears wouldn't come out anymore, the pain was beyond that. 

He would kill her as well. 

Sasha slowly moved back but a gasp left her lips when her back bumped against his sturdy chest. A shiver ran down her spine when he grabbed her waist and caressed her ear with his hot breath. Sasha's heart was wilding, hammering against its ribcage, the intensity even felt by him as he smirked and sniffed up her scent.

The scent of her blood was insanely divine.

Sasha looked at her broken sword and turned its face towards her. She examined it...it looked sharper. She harshly stepped on his foot and turned around, aiming for his face with her sword but he was gone out of her sight in a second.