Chapter 33

*TWO YEARS AGO*

The season of winter.

The caravan led by Sasha Walton rode through the bustling market of the kingdom at a slow pace, taking their people's blessing as they showered the successful youth with scented flowers and respected bows.

Yes, it was a happy kingdom in which their people were satisfied with their rulers. The caravan slowly rode through the market, people caressing their princess shoes, she was modeling in her battle armor. Sasha smiled at everyone, her eyes glinting in happiness as she led the caravan. Children roaming around their horses, trying to catch up with them while the elders gave them congratulations.

They tried to kiss Sasha's shoes but she raised her hand in the air as a sign for them to stop their actions and they obediently did as they were told. The same bustling market lane led them to the huge gates of the castle. The guards bowed at her before opening the gates for the caravan as they rode inside the castle while still receiving people's undying love for them.

Sasha dismounted her horse and one of the guards took her pure white stallion away by its reins. She huffed a sigh and turned towards her unit. The young boys and a few girls smiled at her enthusiastically.

"No matter what the mission was...all it matters is that we came with a victory." Sasha began, making eye contact with each one of them with her hands on her waistbone. "So pull up that chin and walk with confidence. This confidence might make you win in the upcoming disasters." She said and turned around, side-eyeing them.

"But...don't think below or more than your potential unless you work on it enough to be overconfident." 

"Yes, Your Highness." All of them roared in unison and Sasha smiled to herself. "Around noon, you all must gather in the main hall," Sasha commanded while walking into the castle the group once again agreed in unison before scattering away. Once she stepped into the castle...

"Oh my, Princess Sasha, I was waiting for you." 

Sasha halted on her steps when the old lady blocked her way out of nowhere. "Granny," Sasha said and instantly opened her arms to hug the old lady but she immediately stepped away from the young girl with her arms raised in the air.

"Are you trying to kill me, look at that armor. Does that even suit you? You should be running around laughing, giggling, and looking all soft. What is this?" The granny asked sharply and Sasha threw her arms down with a poker look on her face. 

"You are more brutal than my mother," Sasha said with a huff and almost rolled her eyes in annoyance because if her granny caught her rolling her eyes then she would be given a thousand lectures on ethics.

"My, My...aren't you proud of me? The whole Walton kingdom is. I conquered a town from brutal bandits without any great loss, I was away from the castle for almost a week. Instead of being showered with your smooches, I'm getting a lecture here. What is this unethical behavior? When my older brother conquered the western land, you were all melted on the floor. Stop being an hyp---mpffff." 

Before Sasha could completely complain about her granny's behavior, the old lady clasped her hand against Sasha's mouth, shutting her up.

"Fine, I know what you achieved. You are titled as the most kind and fearless princess of the dynasty. How come I am not proud of you." The granny said and lowered her hand from Sasha's mouth. She had tears in her eyes as she carefully hugged Sasha.

"I just can't forget the little Sasha who used to cry and remain sick all the time. I truly am proud of you..." She sounded emotional and before Sasha could comfort her, her poker voice came crashing, spoiling the mood.