Chapter 13

Sasha looked around the castle and was left a little surprised. It was a castle built in the ancient times. It had a peculiar and very complicated structure but at the same time, it looked ethereal and something adventurous and exciting to live in.

In every era, the king rebuilds the castle to his liking. Thus, the structure keeps changing according to the most famous structure that goes around every kingdom. Most of the castle in this era looks very alike because of that but this one looked like it hadn't been changed for a long time.

It makes this castle look unique.

All of them stepped inside the castle and the inside of the castle was even more ethereal yet perplexing. If you get lost here, you'll barely find your way out. It wasn't rebuilt from the inside either. It made her feel like she was in old times.

Even Jasper complimented the castle.

While they were making their way to the main hall, they came face to face with the person she least wanted to see but she was obviously asking for the impossible.

King Ragnar came from the other side.

His presence was extraordinary as always. He was dressed in all black with his silver hair braided from both sides, from roots to the tip while the hair in between remained untouched, mixing with the braided ones. This man's genes were truly out of the ordinary.

His face was covered. His people have seen his face and he probably roams around here without a mask but since they were here, he kept his mask on.

Sasha immediately hid herself behind Jasper. Her heartbeat turned wild but she tried to appear as calm as possible. She heard a very familiar voice which almost made her flinch but then she realized that the voice belonged to King Ragnar.

Her palms started to sweat.

Even his voice sounded the same as that monster.

Jasper and Ragnar professionally greeted each other. Sasha kept her gaze rooted on the ground, finding it very fascinating to stare at because she was as nervous as ever.

A sudden silence surrounded them making Sasha look up and her heart almost came into her mouth upon making eye contact with King Ragnar. Jasper had stepped aside for god knows how long and she didn't even notice it.

"Princess Sasha, we are pleased that you blessed our homeland with your exquisite presence." Ragnar greeted her in his deep and smooth voice as he stepped forward and raised his hand. Sasha hesitantly placed her hand on his fingertips. She was left stunned and scared because of their hand size. This man was a giant.

Truly out of the ordinary.

He kissed the back of her hand with his clothed lips and Sasha swore he squeezed her hand before letting it go. He passed her a glance before turning his back to her.

"I'm sure, you all must be very tired from the journey. Owner me to make you feel at home." Ragnar said and nodded at Fiona before he and Jasper walked away. Fiona showed Sasha her room and told her to freshen up for dinner that was going to be held in the main dining hall.

Sasha looked around the room. It was pretty much similar to the room she had in the logon castle but the question was, where were Jasper's belongings? Only her belongings were placed in the corner of the room and the bed was also not master size.

What does this mean?

Was the newly wedded couple separated?

Strangely, yes.

With this thought on her mind, Sasha got freshened up and wore a new dress. Once she was ready, she settled down on the sofa in the corner of the room and continued to think about everything that was happening.

She had so much on her mind, that her head might explode. Shaking her head, she stood up and stepped out of the room only to be met by a maid who was standing there waiting for her to come out so she could guide her to the dining hall.

Sasha would have walked out earlier if she knew a maid was waiting for her.

The maid bowed at her and politely asked Sasha to follow her. Sasha began to follow her while looking around the interior of the castle. They took many turns and paths and this alone was enough to let her assumption come true about this castle.

Once you get lost, you'll come out when your kidneys get shrunk.

Sasha's eyes unconsciously fall on the maid walking before her. She was very small and timid. She had this innocence on her face which indicated that she was very young but what caught Sasha's eyes was her nape.

Her eyes zeroed on her nape and her pupils dilated when she saw a red mark on her neck, it was as if her neck was chained with chains or a collar. She fastened her pace and began to walk beside the maid. The little girl innocently looked at her before dropping her gaze again. Sasha was so busy analyzing her that she didn't realize that she was looking like a creep. 

The girl took an abrupt turn to the left, leaving Sasha slightly behind but she strides up beside her again. 

She was curious about that mark on her neck.

Do all maids and servants have them here?

She was too late to ask her the question because they reached the dining hall where everyone was already waiting for her. Sasha settled down on the chair that the servant pulled for her.

Sasha looked in front and something ticked in her.

Why Jasper and Fiona were sitting together instead of Jasper and Sasha? They looked like the newly wedded couple. What was even happening? It looked like Fiona was trying to give a full line of path to Jasper so he could walk up to her easily. 

Even her brother looked involved.

Sasha looked to her left and saw King Ragnar sitting on his master chair in the middle. Jasper was on his left side with Fiona while Sasha was on his right side.

This neglectful husband of hers didn't even look her way.

While the man who was a complete stranger was staring at her as if she was his meal and not the steak on his plate. She could feel Ragnar's gaze all too clear on her. This man didn't have good intentions for her. Sasha could see it, she could feel it. He had his eyes on her all the time.

She felt nervous under his gaze.

Couldn't Jasper see that Ragnar was looking at her with weird intentions?

No, he doesn't even care.

Sasha tried to ignore all the illiterate behaviors that were going on around her while trying to focus on the maid who was serving her food. Sasha's eyes went towards her nape and strangely enough, there was no mark on her pale neck.

Sasha licked her lips and began to eat silently while the 'couple' in front of her happily talked to each other and Ragnar. She felt extremely lonely. If Jasper was to do this, why did he even bring her here?

Formality.

She quickly finished her food and stood up from her chair. She gave them an excuse that she was tired and wanted to retire to bed as soon as possible.

She immediately left the dining hall and was led back to her guest room by the same young girl. She was in no mood to inquire about that mark around her neck. It was not her business. Being nosy had made her pay great consequences. 

She wanted to see her old granny but only god knows in which corner she was of this castle. Once, she reached her room, she immediately fell down on the bed, bouncing a little.

She took off her shoes, let her hair loose, and laid down in the same dress. She had no power to change. She covered herself with the duvet and closed her eyes. Blocked all her thoughts away as she prayed for a good night's sleep before dozing off but little did she know that the devil was to haunt her before the sun rose.