Chapter 12

With a huff, she descended the stairs but immediately halted on her steps when she heard a few maids gossiping among each other.

"Yeah, I heard that too." Said maid one.

"I told you Princess Fiona was a better alternative for our queen than that cursed princess Sasha. Look what bad luck she brought on our kingdom." Another feminine voice came and Sasha's eyes widened.

The news was all over.

They already labeled her as a cursed princess.

Not only that...even compared her with Fiona.

Sasha took a deep breath. Their words hurt her deeply but instead of stepping back, she stepped forward, coming into their sight. 

"You heard what?" Sasha asked while walking up to them and all of them flinched, immediately standing in a proper line and bowing at her.

"M-My queen." 

"I asked something. What did you hear?" Sasha asked, staring at them blankly. This was the first time she was even conversing properly with the maids of the castle but the situation was quite bad.

They already considered her bad and cursed.

If she tries to be nice, they would only consider it fake because their definition of nice was Fiona.

"W-we were j-just talking a-about the last night i-incident." One of them spoke up, almost on the verge of crying. If they couldn't face her, why talk behind her back? Sasha didn't even say anything and they were already like this.

She took a deep breath and eyed all three of them properly. They were too beautiful for just maids.

"Walls have ears too,... they are cursed too." Sasha said and all of them shared a similar glance, expressing 'We are done.'

She wanted to scare them more but she just decided to walk away from there, leaving them behind in confusion.

********

The next day arrived and the caravan left for the Kastron kingdom in the early morning. The Caravan included Princess Fiona and some of her personal royal guards from the Kastron kingdom who were always around her. It included the main guest no one other than the newly wedded couple, along with the old granny and a few of their servants with the special protection unit that would safely lead them to the Kastron kingdom before the night falls.

The Logon and Kastron kingdoms didn't have much of a distance between them.

Sasha took a deep breath, she wanted to ride the horse but she got stuck in the carriage because of her so-called husband and granny who cared a little too much about their reputation.

Their reputation would crumble if she rode a horse.

She didn't expect this from Jasper.

This man was really showing his true colors.

Even last night he didn't show up in their room because he was busy settling all the things down in the kingdom before leaving for the Kastron kingdom. 

Sasha continued to look out of the window with her chin resting on her palm, her sight was blocked by huge trees and she couldn't have a clear look at the beautiful blue sky.

She turned her face to the left and saw the old granny sleeping with her head on Sasha's shoulder. With a sigh, she slowly turned her gaze in front and stared at Princess Fiona who was sitting in front of her, busy reading a book.