Chapter 7

His gaze was dead set on her. He was sitting on a chair in the corner of the hall with a half filled wine glass in his hand. It was a perfect spot to have a clear view of her. Nothing mattered to him other than the woman standing there in white.

Being patient wasn't his thing.

He so wanted to burn this castle down and drag her down this aisle with him.

What would she do?

What could she even do?

What could anyone else do?

Nothing.

But this wasn't the right moment for all of that. For a sweeter fruit one should be patient.

He really had made that poor little thing go insane but he was a lot more selfish than this.

He knew what he was very well and he held no guilt either, nor was he planning to change.

He was a monster and he gladly accepted it.

Others fear and terror brought him extreme ecstasy.

For him, nothing really mattered other than his empire and his little wounded butterfly.

Oh, how unfortunate she was. Her kindness rattled her down and brought him to his knees for her.

Oh, how badly he wanted to kiss her, see her helpless struggle and cry when nothing could get her away from him.

All she could do was cry beautifully for him.

She was someone that made him feel things after so long, he would only let her go when the day he didn't feel any of those feelings for her again.

He wondered if that day would even arrive because he was madly obsessed with that woman.

It all started when he was bored and his uncle gave him something to entertain and feast on.

What was it like when a bored yet malicious soul finds something new to feed on?

Catastrophic.

A powerful one could have the vision of conquering something.

It could either be a kingdom to rule on.

A thing to add to their possessions.

Or a person to prey on.

A single blow against them either had them rattling down on the floor or prowling for their enemies with intensity and madness that was never seen in them before.

Was it the pride that was hurt?

Or just revenge?

Nonetheless, once the enemies are under the claws, life becomes pretty boring and one becomes aimless.

A beast dying to hunt comes across a wounded butterfly, one blow from him and it'd be nothing. Yet it fluttered away with those broken wings and was so hard to hold onto.

A new adventure for him.

An escape attempt from her.

Raking a hand through his long dark silver hair, he gazed at her with his orbs that resembled the moon yet they weren't gentle or generous enough to shine upon you. Eyes of a predator gazing at its prey, prey of someone as disastrous as him.

He kept swirling the wine glass in his hand, his eyes moved with her every action of greeting.

That gentle smile that kissed her features.

The soft, silky, and white fabric that kissed her dainty figure.

Her eyes shined due to happiness but were unable to hide that fear that resides in them at the same time.