Chapter 39 (1)

Between Five to Six AM

When the sun didn't rise but the birds began chirping when the night fury was still covering the sky, but the people with a few pennies in their hands or a lifetime of loyalty were forced to leave their warm mattresses. 

There was an eerie silence around...

A silence that alarms the disaster.

The prison guards yawned as they groggily strode inside the prison while fixing their belts. They took over the position of the night guards as the night guards yawned and strode out of the prison to have their cup of sleep.

Three of the guards halted in front of a particular prison and arrogantly stared at the huge man kneeling on the dirty ground, tied with shackles. One of the guards throatily chuckled before spitting on the side. 

"Look at this cocky bastard. He thought he had us, huh?" 

All three of them began to laugh while looking at him. 

Their laughs echo in all the ten directions of the prison. "Let's beat him to a pulp. This way, we can exercise and stretch our muscles." One of them snorted and extended his hand towards the guard that was guarding the prison room in which Luan was held.

"You can not touch him again without the prince's order." The guard said and all three of them looked at each other before breaking into a laugh, a nullified sound coming from their chest as they laughed. 

The young boy who was guarding the prison was yanked forward by his collar.

"Stop looking at us as if we're doing something wrong." One of the three guards said and yanked the key out of his pants pocket before pushing him away as he stumbled back and fell on the ground, flat on his ass.

"What a loser, now we are hiring weaklings. Explains why the kingdom is fucked up." All three of them snickered arrogantly and stepped inside the prison. They closed the prison door behind them and surrounded Luan whose head was low all this time.

"Are you dying?" The second guard asked but was badly ignored. At the moment they were feeling like a god, thinking of the man in front of them as nothing but a peasant.

"Say something, little shit." The first one smacked him on the head and before their filthy hands could touch him again, he effortlessly rose to his full length as if he wasn't forced by the shackles to kneel down. "Where are his wounds?" The third one asked in a sudden panic.

All of their eyes widened as they examined his huge body before they crooked their heads up to look at him.

"What did you call me?" Ragnar asked, peering down at the man with his head low. 

The young boy stood up from the dusty ground and dusted off his clothes while wiping his tears away with the back of his hand. While he was just in pain, the door of the prison creaked open.