Chapter 9

While, she was sitting on the edge of the bed, trying to calm herself. She heard footsteps coming from the corridor outside. She abruptly stood up, wiped her tears and sat down on the bed. Though, it clearly seemed like she went through something. Her eyes were red, the veil was gone and hair was in a little disheveled condition. She took a deep breath in order to calm her abnormal breathing, trying her best to act normal, like nothing happened because she knew Jasper would never understand or believe her even if she told him the truth.

He would think just like everyone else.

Granny has strictly told her not to disclose this matter to Jasper, no matter what. Probably because she thought he would start thinking of her as 'crazy' and might regret making her, his queen.

Though, she wasn't wrong. 

Sasha would have retaliated but she didn't because she knew Jasper would never understand her and would most probably act as the old granny predicted.

To her, they didn't really have a husband and wife kind of bond and she knew that somewhere he feels the same.

But, maybe if they try...things could change.

Love could happen after marriage as well.

The door of their room opened as Jasper walked inside. He glanced at her before turning around and locking the door. Sasha tensed upon hearing the sound of the door locking.

In order to get away from that monster, she got married, totally forgetting that now she was bonded in an intimate relationship as well.

He sat down in front of her with a low huff.

"Pardon me, I would have come earlier if it wasn't for King Ragnar to leave earlier." Jasper stated while looking at her. Sasha slightly frowned upon hearing his words.

"He left?" She asked and he nodded.

"Something urgent came, he had to leave." He said and moved forward. "Ah...then what about Fiona?" Sasha asked, trying to keep up the conversation but she knew she couldn't run away from the deed. 

She just needs a little time to prepare herself mentally for this. 

That monster clouded her thoughts so much that she didn't even ponder over what her marriage life would be like. She thought of marriage as an escape from him.

"She is here, she will leave in a day or two." Jasper replied and Sasha lowered her gaze. If she came with her brother, she should have left with her brother. Why bother staying in this boring castle?

She realized her thoughts were going on a negative path so she quickly stopped herself from thinking about them.

Sasha stifled when he moved forward and grabbed her hands. 

He didn't even notice her wet eyes, her messy hair, that the veil was gone.

Yeah, he never noticed her.

She knows his motive for marrying her, the only one who was oblivious to reality was him.

Her land he thinks is barren has monsters ruling over it. 

Sooner or later, he would know on his own.

In no time, she was lying on the bed straight with him hovering over her. Her pupils slightly dilated as her hands shot up to his shoulders. Her eyes flew down when she felt him pulling her dress up, baring her legs.

What? He was going straight for it. There was no foreplay and no affection. She swallowed thickly. She had no excuse to say no and it was their wedding night. She swallowed again when he spread her legs and shifted himself in between her legs.

He didn't even asked, if she wanted this.

What she wanted was to have someone who would listen to, understand her and wouldn't call her crazy.

She breathed when he caressed her thigh and in one swift move her legs were on his shoulder.

What was he doing?

She had been having so many heart attacks since this morning and another one was on its way.

She really didn't want this but she didn't know how to say it.

This man talked about nothing, it was a huge day, many things happened but he had nothing to say and before she could ask, she was already lying on the bed with her legs bare, spread wide and on his shoulders.

Suddenly, that beast flashed in front of her eyes.

Why was he here if he wasn't here to take her? 

Her thoughts came crashing down when she felt his hand caressing her core, making her flinch. Before he could put her thong aside, a loud knock on the door had both of them flinching. 

They shared a glance before looking at the door.

"Who is it?" Jasper asked.

"King...King, my King." A guard's panic-stricken voice came and both of them immediately pulled away from each other. Sasha thanked god and took a breath of relief while fixing her dress.

Jasper got up and opened the door only to be met by his left hand. Sasha also got up and quietly stared at them. Judging by that man's facial expressions and voice, it seemed like something truly went wrong.

"What?" Jasper asked and what the left hand said next had both of their eyes widening in shock. Without looking back, both the men immediately dashed out of the room. Sasha immediately locked the door and got rid of her wedding dress. As soon as she changed, she also left the room and strode towards the garden of the castle with a heavy heart.

She couldn't believe what she heard.

She wanted to see herself.

Upon reaching the garden, she was met by a  crowd of guards surrounding the area with Jasper and his other royal figures. But what she saw next had her pupils dilating and heart rattling.

Five dead bodies were lying lifelessly on the soft grass, three of them were their own maids and servants but the other two were the guests. 

This wasn't the thing that rattled her, it was the two familiar small pairs of holes punctured in all of their necks.