Chapter 50

It has been three days since she came to know that her family was alive and that they were cursed. It has been three days since she came to know that she was related to him in her past life and maybe she was the cause of his destruction which led to her current life being miserable despite having no relation with the past.

She never believed in past lives until all of this.

What were they like?

If she was the cause of his destruction then why were they making love under the tree?

Maybe, she betrayed him.

She had the same face as that woman and there was no excuse for her not to admit that she was the same woman from back then because of all the dreams she had up till now.

Sasha had been avoiding Ragnar like a plague ever since and he also was barely around. More like she could avoid him because he was letting her.

She had been keeping herself beside Jasper and has been staying in his room ever since. She doesn't sleep at night either, scared that if she woke up she would find herself in his bed.

She also knew Jasper could do nothing if Ragnar wanted her beside him yet sticking around with someone eased her tension.

She was sitting on the couch, flipping through the pages of the book in her hand but she was zoned out into another land called the land of her thoughts.

Jasper who was sitting on the bed with a book in his hand, had his eyes solely fixed on her instead of the book. "Hey." He called her but she looked drowned in her thoughts. He called her again but there was no answer or reaction from her side. 

He shut the book harshly and Sasha flinched, finally coming out from her train of thoughts. "Back to earth, woman." He grumbled and she slowly sat up straight. "What is it?" She asked with zero interest. He didn't ask what thoughts she was dancing in and hand gestured her to come over to him.

She was still half dazed when she stood up and walked up to him. "Wha-" A yelp left her lips when he circled her wrist and hauled her over his lap. The side of her face knocked against his chest. Before she could process the brutal action that happened, another struck her with full force.

Her eyes widened and a hiss escaped her lips when Jasper took her lower lip between his teeth and harshly bit on it making blood pour out of her lower lip as he sucked on it. Sasha's wide eyes stared at his closed eyelids as he sucked on her lower lip. The slurpy sound had her tensing up and feeling disgusted. Her hands shot up to his chest as she tried to pull away but he held her close and smashed his lips on hers.

Her wide eyes remained wide.

She was so shocked, she didn't know how to react.

This feeling...

The feeling she was getting here was different from whenever Ragnar kissed her. 

Here she felt nauseated.

This didn't have the passion...the burning desire, the ferocity with which Ragnar kisses her. She couldn't believe how without being fully conscious, she easily differentiated between them.

She harshly pulled back and immediately wiggled out of his grip, standing up and distancing herself from the bed as much as she could. She wiped the saliva and blood coating her lips while breathing heavily as her wide eyes stared at him.

Jasper licked his lips and leaned his back against the headboard of the bed.

"Better than expectations." He smirked at her while licking his lower lip and her jaw twitched. She so badly wanted to wipe that smirk off his face. "Once I get better, we'd fuck like a good husband and wife. Sounds good?" He asked in a teasing voice which sounded venomously poisonous to her ears that they almost bled.