Chapter 22

The destiny wasn't repeating itself.

It was a new beginning of a bitter end.

Sasha was staring out of the window. Not to her surprise, the guards were scattered everywhere, guarding the castle as if a war were to break.

She called her granny through Amaya and was currently waiting for her.

She wanted to tell her about last night but at the same time, she was hesitant. In order to prove herself right, she would have to show her marks to her.

The door to her room abruptly opened and she turned around, thinking it was Granny but to her surprise it was Jasper. He looked pissed. Ever since they got married, he dared pass her a little smile.

His character took a huge turn.

He locked the door and strode up to her while half yelling.

"Why were you absent at the breakfast and lunch table?"

"What is your problem?" He asked.

"I was not feeling well s-." Before she could complete her sentence, he interrupted her like a bull who saw red. "Why the fuck are you always sick?" He gritted out and she lowered her gaze for a good while, before meeting his glare sternly.

"You are acting like you've been putting a lot of effort into this relationship. Dare you come up to me and ask me why I wasn't at the breakfast table? Dare you to spare me a single lovely glance ever since we got married." She let out and he harshly grabbed her arm, yanking her to himself.

All men knew was how to manhandle someone weaker than them.

"Isn't it enough that I made someone like you my queen?" He asked and her lips wobbled for a second there but she immediately covered her expressions. Couldn't be weak in front of someone weaker.

"What do you mean by someone like me?" She asked and harshly yanked her arm out of his hold. "As far as I know, you were the one who came to me for marriage." She said and he scoffed. "I fucking regret it already." He said and she shook her head at him. "You wouldn't be regretting if my land was still free. Your real objective was to stop me from going back to my land and marry me so that you could have it under your power. You treated me nicely because you knew if you did I would give you everything on my own. But once you got to know that the land was occupied by those blood-sucking monsters, you started to show your true colors." She said a little hatred was radiating in her tone.

"Aren't you a fucking whore then? You married me, despite knowing that your land was occupied. So fucking selfish." He spat bitterly and she was left speechless for a while there. She never expected such words to leave his mouth for her. She never expected him to speak in such a disgusting manner. Who could tell that he was the famous gentleman, King Jasper?

All men were arseholes.

If she said that she did it for her people, he might kick her people out because he didn't get her land either.

Did she really think for a second there that he could save her from that monster? He was nothing but one himself.

Seems like she trapped herself in hell with no way out.

She should have just run away that day.

She thought she could share her misery with him but instead of helping, he was giving her more misery.

Yeah, the relationship built on greed brings nothing but downfall.

Sasha passed him a look of disappointment.