Chapter 40

"My hatred for you is deeper than the ocean but my obsession runs even deeper than that

"My hatred for you is deeper than the ocean but my obsession runs even deeper than that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TWO YEARS LATER

When fear had become a part of life and one had forgotten their true self. The glory they once lived in was never reachable ever again. The sorrow of losing everything including oneself turns into a trauma of a lifetime.

Sasha lay on the soft mattress.

She was all clean from the previous assaults.

She was dressed in a soft baby pink colored dress with her body wrapped in bandages beneath the softness of the dress. A blanket covering her body and her soft long hair scattered everywhere around her.

The room was cozy, the candles were lit in every corner of the room. The yellow shade reflected everywhere in the room including his face.

He lay beside her.

His elbow dug into the pillow beside her head, his hand propping up his cheek as he silently gazed down at her, barely blinking. Lots of thoughts were marathoning in his mind as his eyes caressed her features.

He doesn't know how long it has been since he was staring at her like this. Never once did he lash his gaze away from her face. He knew he went a little hard on her. He could see her hatred...to the point she wanted to die.

He did nothing to her what he had imagined in his wildest imaginations yet her reaction was beyond the action he inflicted on her. 

He knew what he was.

He sanely knew what he was doing to her.

He knew he was no longer capable of giving love or being loved.

He wasn't a human and he accepted it in each aspect. 

Yet he couldn't believe after all these years, this little human was making him recall the rules that he made the day he accepted his demons.

He let go of her soft locks and caressed her cheek with his right hand, his thumb caressing her soft lips.

"The day I saw you again was the day I was reborn. Do I recall you as Grace or Sasha? I thought you'd either turn into that wicked witch or a demon like me after going through all of that pain. You forgot yourself but never held onto another character. You were either still holding onto yourself from within or didn't want to accept another. I haven't really taken your precious ones, I just made them one of my own kind. How would you react if you got to know about that?" 

He leaned in and pecked her lips.

Once, twice, thrice, and again and again.

"I was ruined and I did the same with you."

He slowly hovered over her. His long dark-silver locks fell down like a curtain around their faces. He stared down at her chest which was slowly heaving up and down before his eyes traveled up to her face.