Chapter 34

During the meeting.

"That's a quite peculiar incident." The king said while rubbing his chin. "Well, it's a natural disaster...so nothing can be done about it. You already managed things well and the boy is saved." The king said and Sasha nodded at him.

"What about the man you brought here?" A feminine voice echoed in the hall and Sasha's eyes went right ahead, meeting those green jades. The only female besides her in the higher-ups.

Eleanor.

"Well, he saved Noah. His condition was worse than the child's because he was badly injured. So, I brought him here under our care. He will be treated and fed well here until he is completely healed." Sasha said, more like commanded. She knew these people would make an issue out of it just to put her down or not let her decision prevail.

She knew the higher-ups didn't like her.

What she did was clearly out of humanity.

What human would leave a dying man behind? 

No one said a single word because she came clear, more like there was nothing more left to say about it.

Soon the meeting was dismissed and Sasha went straight to the healing chambers. Once she got to know that both of them were fine and were resting, she left to rest as well. Once she entered her room, she took off her armor and bathed in the tub for a short time before wearing anything that her hands first went on. 

She jumped in the bed and nuzzled inside the warm blanket. She was so tired, she drifted off to sleep as soon as her head touched the pillow.

........

"The moon is beautiful tonight," Sasha said.

A summer night.

The stars were twinkling in the sea of the night fury.

The wind was soft and fresh.

It caressed her fragility making her nuzzle more into the man beside her.

The warmth she felt from the man beside her was indescribable.

But it soon all vanished.

.......

Sasha blinked her eyes open and slowly sat up on the bed with her shoulders slumped and eyes barely open. "What was that?" She whispered to herself. Just as she asked herself this question the hazy dream she remembered completely evaporated from her mind as if she never dreamt about it. 

She was quietly sitting in the middle of the bed, her hair a mess, her face swollen and her lips pouty with her eyes barely opened as she stared at the wall in front of her.

A shudder ran down her spine and her eyes snapped open. She rolled off the bed and abruptly grabbed her sword from the bedside table. She unsheathed her sword and it made a loud shrill sound in the silent surroundings. Sasha's eyes roamed around the room as she held her sword in front of her.

She swore she felt a presence in her room... that also a dangerous one. "Who is there?" Sasha asked sternly and to her surprise, the door of her room abruptly opened. Without thinking much she raised her sword in order to hit the person but a sharp squeal had her flinching as she abruptly threw her sword away and stared at her mother naively.

"What are you doing? Playing with your sword in your sleep as well?" Scarlet asked sternly and Sasha looked everywhere but her. "Stop fooling and get ready for the festival." She said and soon a few maids walked in with a few dresses and royal accessories. "Choose any dress from it," Scarlet said as Sasha quietly looked through the dresses and grabbed a vintage maroon color dress. It had a normal flow, comfortable to walk around, and elegant enough to be confident in.