Chapter 38

Three days later.

After that day...

After Atlas' death...

Everyone went into the darkness of gloominess in the castle.

They refused to believe that Atlas was the killer and that he was dead. 

Leo strictly refused to believe.

He stood for his dead right hand and knocked the higher-ups down who talked badly against him. Atlas was most of the time with him whenever such murders happened.

The news of his betrayal wasn't given to the kingdom...they were simply told that Atlas died a natural death. He died from a heart attack. If they told them that he was murdered, the fear in them would grow. Everyone in the kingdom was deeply saddened by his sudden death and mourned for him. His father was dismissed from his seat after several years of loyalty to the king.

The king didn't want to do that, his right hand was dear to him but the higher-ups demanded to throw him out of the kingdom. Walton couldn't do that either, so Atlas' father, himself resigned from the position.

Leo was completely broken.

His best friend was dead.

His wife was fighting for her and their son's life.

Though the murders stopped occurring ever since Atlas was killed, they still refused to believe that he was the killer. After his death, he was still buried in the great warrior burial ground of the kingdom.

It was solely on Sasha's demand.

Sasha on the other hand, refused to leave her room for a while. She only once checked on Wynter while she stayed in her room for the rest of the time. Luan refused to leave her side as he always stood outside her door. Sitting on the chair with her elbow on the table and her head resting on the elbow, she stared at the zig-zag dagger that her left hand was stabbing inside the table in a vertical manner.

Her eyes were blank but red and swollen.

She was recalling him.

How he was when he was a child.

How he was when he became a teenager.

A warrior.

A right hand.

And all she ever saw in him was his great love for his people.

His eyes always sparkled with kindness.

He was the definition of discipline and elegance.

She had known him ever since she was born.

All of them knew him and that was why they refused to believe that he was the killer.

She met his father and told him without any hesitation that she liked his son.

He was deeply wounded.

He doubted his son but she made all of his doubts vanish by telling him that she wanted to marry his son.

It alone made him realize that his son was really what he seemed like but then again...he was found killing, the murders stopped as soon as he died but no one heard his side of the story.

He was in shock while dying.

There must be something, they weren't aware of.

But what?

She caressed the dagger that stabbed her.

"Why didn't you speak up? What shocked you so much? W-Why were you crying?"