Chapter 41

"Pardon me, I didn't know he was still the same scumbag from back then, the only thing changed about him is that he at least loves someone, his people

"Pardon me, I didn't know he was still the same scumbag from back then, the only thing changed about him is that he at least loves someone, his people." Fiona said, eyeing Ragnar with scrutiny through her lashes. Ragnar was leaning against his master chair with his head leaning back and eyes fixed up on the ceiling, his boots on the table with a few papers scattered right beside his boots, a cuss escaped his lips.

"F*king peasant. I would have snapped his neck long ago into two. I'm merely hanging on to the string of control all because of you." Ragnar spat in a rugged voice as he  lowered his head and massaged his temple with his right hand while his eyes remained closed.

"Fate played such a cruel trick with us. It's all messed up. My past lover and your past lover are bounded together in a marriage which none of them is happy with." Fiona said and walked further, putting her hands on the table she bent down and leaned forward.

"We got them together so we can mess up with them but they ended up getting married. But in the end...." Fiona trailed off for a second before muttering in a low whisper. "nothing much changed." Her eyes that were fixed on the papers on the table traveled up to Ragnar.

"You seem disturbed. What's the matter with you?" Fiona asked while moving backwards and standing up straight as she walked to the huge wall window in his office room. 

"Is it related to her?" She asked, wrapping her arms over her chest as she leaned against the glass window and stared outside. Servants and maids moving here and there, busy with their work.

"Is there anything about me that's not related to her?"

"That sounds kinda romantic." She mused with a smile kissing her lips.

"For fuck sake." Ragnar grumbled, he seemed to be in a less flirtatious mood, maybe because he was having a headache. "Do you ever plan on telling her anything about the past?" Fiona asked.

"No, she will find out on her own."

"How are you so sure? What if she's really not Grace?" Fiona asked.

"She is..." It came out of his lips in a whisper but she heard it.

"Even if she is...at the same time she is not." 

"Stop fucking up with my mind and get lost. I'm not in the fucking mood." Ragnar rasped, pressing his fingers on his temple while glaring at his boots. A 'tsk' left Fiona's lips as she slightly bowed at him and walked towards the door to leave.

"And yes, put a leash on that bastard before I crack his f*cking neck into two." Ragnar rasped, his tone filled with threatening and malicious intentions. Fiona side gazed at him from above her shoulder before walking out.

Ragnar huffed and threw his head back, gazing up at the ceiling. His Adam's apple bobbing up and down as he swallowed.

With her around, even her slight presence in his castle was enough for the time that had frozen for him long ago to tick by faster than his vampiric speed.