Chapter 23

The sky was beautiful.

The night fury that was covering the sky.

The stars that were twinkling as bright as ever.

All of this was soothing to her damaged soul.

There was this vast garden at the back of the castle. It had different ancient stone statues planted at the four corners of the garden with a bunch of different flowers surrounding them. The grass was extremely soft against one's naked feet.

Since Sasha couldn't walk properly she was sitting on the bench beside Fiona. She had taken her shoes off and her bare feet were resting on the soft grass. A peaceful sigh left her lips. She blocked her mind from all the thoughts and decided to cherish this peaceful moment for as long as it lasted.

"Are you sure you don't want to get your ankle checked?" Fiona asked and Sasha nodded, looking up at the sky. Her hazel hues dazzled like the night sky. "Yes, I am sure," Sasha said.

"Ahh, yes...brother might go on a hunt with King Jasper tomorrow. How about we also join them?" Fiona asked excitedly with a friendly smile on her face. Sasha passed her a polite yet tired smile. She didn't want to be anywhere near Ragnar.

Before she could pass her the excuse of her sprained ankle, Fiona added in.

"I've heard that you liked hunting and used to do it frequently back in your homeland," Fiona stated and Sasha went utterly quiet. She knew about her past hobbies as well, she must have known them through her monster of a brother.

Sasha slightly nodded.

"I used to." She declared, stressing the word 'used'.

"Used to? No, I doubt that. Once you grab that bow, the desire to hunt will erupt on its own." Fiona said she seemed to be insisting a lot. Of course, she was selfish for her brother, she was on his side. She was also a blood-sucking monster.

"I will think about it," Sasha said, leaving the situation dangling.

"You better say yes. I wanna go places with you." Fiona declared.

Since when did they become so friendly?

They sat there for a while before going back inside the castle. On their way to Sasha's guest room, both the girls came across the old granny. Once they reached Sasha's guest room, Fiona wished them a 'good night's sleep' and walked away. With her brother around, Sasha could never have a good night's sleep. Sasha limped inside the room followed by Granny. 

Granny immediately closed the door and hurried over to Sasha, blocking her way.

"Why are you limping? What happened to your cheek?" She asked, her voice oozing with concern. "Oh, I tripped in the restroom this morning," Sasha said, limping past Granny as she walked up to the dressing table. 

She looked at her left cheek, by now the swelling was even more prominent. The old granny strode up to her side. "And what about your cheek?" She asked and Sasha sighed. Sasha has stepped back from telling everything to the old lady. She knew this old woman couldn't help her but get even more concerned about her.

She lost everything.

This old lady here was the only one Sasha had.

Troubling her so much wasn't a good plan.

From now on, she will take things her own way, like she used to.

"I told you I fell in the restroom, this happened because of that as well. That was why I was absent at the breakfast and lunch table, granny. Stop worrying." Sasha said and the old granny stared at her keenly, searching for any hesitation but there was none.