Chapter 21

"This face...is your misery."

His voice rang in her ears as a frown kissed her features. She kept shifting on something soft beneath her body while being completely drenched in sweat.

Something blurry flashed in her vision.

She couldn't exactly comprehend what it was but all she saw was a village until that also faded away and she found herself in a similar room from last night.

Last night?

Her eyes snapped open and she abruptly sat up on the bed, huffing and puffing, trying to catch her breath as her terrified orbs dipped in horror stared at the wall in front of her.

Her terrified eyes moved around the room, taking in her surroundings.

The morning light was invading the room through the slit of the curtain. The surroundings were much more calmer as she found herself in her guestroom.

She ran a hand down her face and grabbed her head in her hands, staring down at her covered legs.

Was all of that a nightmare?

Yes, it was.

Real as ever.

The fatigue in her body was screaming the reality yet she refused to believe it. She pulled out of the duvet and let her legs down the bed but as soon as she got up a sharp pain in her ankle had her sitting back on the bed with a yelp. She brought her ankle up and stared at it. It was...bruised.

Her heartbeat quickened instantly as all the night scenarios ran through her mind, leaving her with nothing but shivering as she touched her neck with her trembling hands. A certain area was throbbing in pain and that was exactly where he bit her.

She swallowed thickly and immediately grabbed the hand mirror from the side table, focusing it on her neck, and what she saw next made her gasp. Her neck and collarbone were filled with marks. 

Sasha forgot what exactly these were called but she knew exactly what caused them, so she simply referred to them as 'Kiss marks'. She hesitantly caressed them as small whimpers continued to escape her lips. All of that was real.

Ragnar was Luan all this time.

She stared at the mirror for the longest time before harshly throwing it away, making it knock against the wall and fall in bits, shattering into nothingness.

She looked at her bruised palms and feet.

Even the dress she was wearing was all torn from down and ruined. 

Everything that happened was real.

Her head was throbbing.

Her ears were ringing and she just couldn't think straight anymore.

She was beyond terrified.

She scooted back on the bed and hugged her knees closer to her chest as she nuzzled her face in her knees and began to cry.

She didn't know what to do.

Her fighting back wasn't helping at all.

She knew she couldn't win from him, yet she refused to give in because she would never surrender.

She pulled her face up and touched her wet cheeks.

He said that her face was her misery and that this face was also another reason that she was alive.

She...

She was not that beautiful.

Something was wrong with him.