Chapter 2: Arrested

——————————🐍——————————

GOBI DESERT, MONGOLIA

Somewhere in a vast desert stood a small little village. It was surrounded by miles of sand, and there were some tall mountains in the distance.

Up in the cloudy sky, a small blue wormhole appeared, a something shot out of it and plummeted into the sand.

Loki sat up, removing the device around his mouth, and spitting out some sand. Some of the people from the village approached him, staring at him with curious expressions.

Seeing them all staring at him, Loki stood up and went to stand on a slightly raised rock.

"I am Loki of Asgard. And I am burdened with glorious purpose." He introduced.

"Who are you? Why have you come to our home?" One women asked in her native language, not understanding what Loki just said.

Loki opened his mouth. "I—."

Before he could get another word out, a glowing orange door appeared a few feet away from him, right by the Tesseract. Three people wearing black armored suits with helmets, carrying weapons stepped out and began scanning the area.

Loki looked to his small audience. "Never mind."

He walked over to the figures just as one was about to pick up the Cube. "Don't touch that!" He snapped.

The three guards raised their weapons at him, just as another mysterious door opened up. A woman with dark skin and short black hair stepped out.

"Appears to be a standard sequence violation. Branch is growing at a stable rate and slope." She held up a small device that was about the size of a cellphone and scanned Loki. "Variant identified."

Loki tilted his head. "I beg your pardon."

"On behalf of the Time Variance Authority, I hereby arrest you for crimes against the Sacred Timeline. Hands up. You're coming with us." The woman said.

Loki furrowed his brows. "I'm sorry, who's 'us'?"

The people raised their weapons, which looked like baseball bats that had a glowing yellow light at the end.

"Last chance Variant." The woman warned him.

Loki chuckled. "It's been a very long day. And I think I've had my fill of idiots in armored suits, not including my Lady, telling me what to do, so, if you don't mind, this is actually your last chance. Now get out of my way."

Loki stepped towards the woman, and she hit him in the face with her weapon. Loki began falling back in slow motion, his cheeks rippling around his mouth.

The woman stepped forward in normal speed and placed a collar around his neck. "You are now moving at 1/16th speed but feeling all that pain in real time."

Loki stopped moving in slow motion and fell to the ground. Two other armored people came forward and grabbed Loki by the arms, leading him away.

"Reset the timeline." The woman ordered, picking up the Tesseract.

Another person set a small cylindrical device down on the ground and activated it. The drive glowed orange for a moment and then turned purple, and began erasing everything in the area.