Chapter 1: Snake Eating Its Tail

——————————🐍——————————

Renslayer and Miss Minutes stood in the crumbling Citadel at the End of Time. Renslayer stood tense, staring at Miss Minutes, waiting for her to tell her the secret she knew about her.

"He wasn't always alone. There's something you need to see."

Miss Minutes gestured to a broken table and made a miniature model of the room appear. Renslayer crouched down and watched as two figures stood but the window.

"So it's almost ready." Kang commented.

Renslayer looked up at him, wearing a Hunter uniform. "A utopia at the end of time."

"For us. For All Time." Kang said.

"Always." Renslayer added.

"Ravonna Renslayer, you are quite a marvel. I will proud to lead with you. You made a difference in this war. I will be proud to lead with you." Kang complimented.

Renslayer took out her TemPad and opened a Time Door. "The TVA awaits our command. Shall we go?"

Kang looked down. "I'll catch up."

Renslayer nodded and walked through the door.

Kang stared back out the window. "Always." He repeated.

He then tapped his bracelet and Miss Minutes appeared. "Hey boss. Fancy a game of chess?"

Kang shook his head. "Not today. Bring up Protocol 42."

"Is it time?"

"Erase her memories."

"Are you sure?"

"Erase all their memories."

"If you say so."

Miss Minutes disappeared, and Kang continued to stare out the window.

"I'm sorry..."

The scene disappeared and Renslayer let out a shaky breath.

"I was here?"

"Yes."

"I helped win?"

"You didn't just help. It was you who commanded the army."

"So he built this little tower. And while he sat on his throne...I continued to do all the work to keep him there?" She asked angrily.

"Something like that."

"So, what are you proposing?" Renslayer asked.

"That we don't need him...Maybe we never did."

...

A Time Door opened and Victor Timely stepped out, landing in the War Room of the TVA.

He looked around, taking in his surroundings. "The TVA." He muttered.