Chapter 6: The Time-Keepers

——————————🐍——————————

Mobius and Loki entered the hospital wing and found (Y/n)'s cot. She was laying on it fast asleep, when Loki rushed over and gently shook her shoulder.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n) wake up!" He whisper-shouted.

(Y/n)'s eyes shot open and she went to sit up, but couldn't because of her restraints.

"Easy, easy. It's okay. It's me." Loki told her, placing a hand on her cheek.

She blinked a couple of times to straighten her vision. "Loki? What-what are you doing here?"

"Why, I've come to rescue the lovely maiden of course." He replied with a wink. "Come on, let's get you out of here."

Loki undid her restraints and helped her off the cot, slipping an arm around her shoulders to keep her steady.

"Mobius?" (Y/n) asked in surprise, finally seeing he was here.

"Hey (Y/n). I'm sorry I didn't believe you. You were right." He apologized.

(Y/n) smiled and stepped forward embracing him. He chuckled lightly and embraced her back.

"Now, we don't have much time." Mobius warned, breaking the hug. "We need to go get Sylvie."

Loki and (Y/n) nodded. Taking her hand in his, Loki followed Mobius out of the hospital wing, but unfortunately they didn't make it very far.

Standing just outside the entrance of hospital wing was Renslayer and four Minutemen waiting for them.

Renslayer held Mobius' TemPad in her hands. "I think you have something of mine."

"Yeah, I got all the way down there before I realized I picked up yours." Mobius lied, pulling out her TemPad.

He handed it to one of the Minutemen, who handed it back to her.

"What's going on?" Mobius asked.

She didn't say anything. She just stared at him with a blank face.

"What's the problem Ravonna?...You know where I'd go if I could go anywhere? Wherever it is I'm really from. Yeah, wherever I had a life before the TVA came along. Maybe I had a jet ski. That's what I'd like to do. Just riding around on my jet ski."

"Prune him." Renslayer ordered.

One of the Minutemen stepped forward and used his pruning stick to disintegrate Mobius.

"No!" (Y/n) exclaimed.

Loki wrapped his arms around (Y/n) and held her close to him. She hugged him back as well, and sobbed into his chest.

"Hunter Y-00 has clearly been compromised by the Variant as well. Take her back inside and prune her." Renslayer told them.

Two of the Minutemen stepped forward and tried to grab (Y/n), but Loki tightly held onto her.

"No, you're not taking her anywhere!" He shouted.

The four Minutemen separated them from each other, two dragging (Y/n) back inside the hospital wing, and the other two dragging Loki down the hall.