Chapter 1: The Package

——————————🐍——————————

Chicago, Illinois : 1868

An orange door appeared in between two wooden houses, and a dark skinned woman with curly black hair pulled back into a bun stepped out. She stepped into some mud and gasped in disgust, shaking her foot to get the substance off.

Renslayer looked around at the dirty and old area around her in confusion and doubt. "This can't be the right place."

She walked around, seemingly looking for something. Or rather, someone.

"Where is she?"

Renslayer stopped in front of a barn that had its doors open. Behind her, an orange clock stepped out.

"What took you so long?" Miss Minutes demanded to know.

Renayer stepped in side the barn. "What am I doing here?" Renslayer also demanded to know.

"Oh, don't get your britches in a stir." Miss Minutes told her.

Renslayer sighed. "You told me I was going somewhere important. That I was going to meet someone important."

"Did you bring what I asked?"

"Answer me!"

"First things first, do you have it?"

Renslayer pulled out an object that was wrapped in brown paper.

"Oh, bless your heart. Now, do you see that window there?" Miss Minutes pointed to a window almost directly across from them. "The important person you're gonna meet? The one at the End of Time? He told me that we need to put this package in that window."

Renslayer stared at her. "That's it?"

"What do you mean 'that's it?' It was his plan. Meant to protect all of time."

"Then why didn't he do it?"

Miss Minutes sighed. "He's dead."

Renslayer's brows furrowed. "What?"

"This was the plan he made when he knew the end was near for him."

"This package, that window?" Renslayer checked.

"At this exact moment in time, yes."

"And what do I get in return?"

"When he's back where he belongs, a top the TVA, you and I will be right by his side." Miss Minutes promised.

...

A young boy was sitting at a table pouring wax into containers to make candles, when he heard a light thud. He turned his head and saw the package lying on the floor.

He stood and went over to pick it up. When he had it in his hands, he unwrapped the paper to reveal a small orange book.

'TVA Official Handbook.'

...

Loki, (Y/n), Casey, B-15, Mobius and O.B. were in the Temporal Loom area trying to get into the computers to activate the device that will expand the Loom and fit the branches.

The only problem was, the computer wasn't letting them in.

"How do we get in?" Loki grumbled.

"Without He Who Remains' temporal aura, I don't know." O.B. replied, panicking.

"How much time do we have?" B-15 asked.

"It's stable right now, but the branches Dox pruned are growing back. So if we can't get in there and increase the diameter of the Loom's intake ring enough to boost throughput and clear that knot of unrefined time..."

"Wait a second, wait a second. Simpler." Loki interrupted.

"We need to scale the Loom's capacity to manage all those new branches, otherwise it will fail. And the TVA will be destroyed. And we're all gonna die!" O.B. exclaimed.

"There has to be another way." (Y/n) insisted.

"We can hack into the system." Mobius suggested.

"Really? That is such a relief." O.B. said.

"No, no. I'm wondering." Mobius corrected.

"What?"

"I think he meant it as an idea." Loki explained.

"Can we?"

O.B. shook his head. "No. We're all gonna die still."

"No one's gonna die." B-15 denied. "There has to be a viable option."

"What about Miss Minutes? Can she open access to the Loom?" Casey wondered.

O.B. nodded. "Conceivably. She has administer access to the entire TVA."

"She can have access to the whole universe. Doesn't really matter if she's gone, and she's AWOL. And how are we gonna find a rogue cartoon clock that doesn't wanna be found?"

"I say the sooner we find her, the better." Loki concluded.

"We know Miss Minutes sent information to Renslayer, and then we never saw her again." Casey reported.

"The two hits we got on the TemPad trace. We find Renslayer, we find Miss Minutes." (Y/n) realized.

Mobius sighed. "That's gonna be an awkward reunion. Face to face with the woman that tried to kill the three of us."

Loki shrugged. "Well, maybe she got it out of her system. Let's focus on that cartoon clock."

...

Loki, Mobius, and (Y/n) stepped out of a time door dressed in attire from the 1800s.

"Okay, we got a hit on the TemPad going from right here, Chicago 1868, to the same spot, 1893." Mobius told them.

"Why would you go to the same place twice?" Loki wondered.

"I don't know, I'm trying to connect the dots. This isn't a pivotal point in history." Mobius ruled out.

"Any major figures arise from here?" (Y/n) asked.

Mobius shook his head. "No. I mean you had the Chicago Fire, but that's 1871."

"Let's go to 1893." Loki decided.

——————————🐍——————————