Chapter 5: Change of Heart

——————————🐍——————————

In the morning, Timely made it to his workshop which was a warehouse. It was filled with gadgets and inventions and papers as well as mannequins.

Timely entered the room and Miss Minutes appeared next to him.

"W-W-Welcome. Have a-a seat. A float. I'll just be a minute." He told her.

"Oh, take your time. Don't worry about me."

Timely proceeded to scurry around the room, gathering up papers and anything he thought he'd need to take with him.

Miss Minutes sighed. "You're so much like him.  Look at all your amazing work. I'm so happy to be here."

Timely came over to his desk and picked up the small spherical device on a small stand that he showed Renslayer in the book.

"Is that...?"

"This is it. The culmination of my life's...work."

"Just wonderful."

"Yes." He agreed.

"You've always been so smart, Victor."

Timely chuckled. "Okay, I'm ready. Let's go."

"Now, what's the rush?"

Timely furrowed his brows. "D-don't we have to get to...the TVA?"

"I was thinking...it might be smart to lay low for a while. We made quite the ruckus back there."

"...O-O-O-Kay..."

"Okay. You know, I was worried you wouldn't come with me. That you liked Ravonna better than me."

Miss Minutes blushed and the color spread to the rest of her body, making her orange again.

"Is there a sketch of me in that journal of yours?"

"Uh, not yet...b-but I'm sure there...there will be..." Timely promised, sitting down at his desk.

"When you first created me, long before the TVA or the Multiversal War, I was just a simple AI. Just something to play chess with. But you knew I could be more for you. So you gave me autonomy to write my own programming. I was allowed to have wants and follow whims and become who I am. And still, each night we played chess and talked." Miss Minutes gushed.

Timely nodded. "A loyal...friend."

Miss Minutes scoffed. "More than friends. The war, the TVA, the eons after. I alone was by your side. But there was one whim you never allowed me."

She walked over to the mannequins and stood by one of them.

"Why didn't you allow me a real body?"

"W-Well, t-that wasn't...me."

"If I had a body, we could truly lead together."