Chapter 5: The Ark

——————————🐍——————————

"You know, I don't think I've ever walked this much in my life. It's exhausting." Loki commented.

"Awe, poor baby." (Y/n) sympathized mockingly.

"Here's an idea. What if Sylvie enchanted me and did the walking for both of us? Or I take a nap in my subconscious and then you could just wake me when we arrive. Yeah?" Loki suggested.

"Yeah, that's not how enchantment works." Sylvie told him.

"Alright, how does it work?"

"Doesn't matter."

"You know, I feel like I've told you so much about me. I really don't know the first thing about you." Loki realized.

"Thanks for the tactical advantage."

"Ah, so you want to use that tactical advantage to kill me when the TVA shows up."

"Worried are you?"

"I just...need to know if I can trust you."

Sylvie still seemed hesitant, until (Y/n) spoke up. "I would also like to be able to trust you."

She sighed. "Okay, fine. You want to know how enchantment works. I have to make physical contact and then grab hold of their mind."

"How?"

"Depends on the mind. Most are easy and I can overtake them instantly. Others, the stronger ones, it gets tricky. I'm in control, but they're there too. In order to preserve the connection, I have to create a fantasy from their memories."

"And you called me a magician." Loki joked.

"That young soldier from the TVA, her mind was messed up. Everything clouded. I had to pull a memory from hundreds of years prior, before she even fought for them." Sylvie said.

Loki and (Y/n) paused in their tracks. "What?"

"Before she joined the TVA?"

"There is no before the TVA. (Y/n) insisted.

"Yes there is. She was a regular person on Earth."

"A regular person?"

"Loved margaritas."

"I was told that everyone who works for the TVA was created by the Time-Keepers." Loki revealed.

"Yes, because that's the truth." (Y/n) said.

Sylvie shook her head. "That's ridiculous. They're all Variants, just like us." She gestured to (Y/n). "Even you. Didn't you see your memories when I overtook your mind? I'm pretty sure I showed some of them to you."

Loki looked at (Y/n). "You saw your memories?"

"I don't know what I saw." She defended.

"But you saw something."

"No, no I didn't."

That was a lie. She had seen something. A big golden palace, herself dressed in armor...Loki...

"Yes, you did." Loki insisted.

"No I didn't! It wasn't real, I know it wasn't. It was probably just a trick. I was created by the TVA. I'm not who you think I am!" She snapped.

Both Gods stood silent and stared at her. She felt her face grow warm at her outburst.

"...Come on...We have an ark to hijack." She mumbled, continuing towards the city in the distance where the ship was.

...

Sylvie, (Y/n), and Loki made their way into the city, where complete chaos was going on. Everyone was fighting to get onto the ark to escape the planet, and guards were trying to push the crowd back.

"Do we trust each other?" Sylvie asked.

(Y/n) nodded. "Yes..."

"We do. And you can." Loki confirmed.

"Good. Cause this is gonna suck."

They stepped out into the crowd, and got a good look at the giant ship that was preparing to take off.

"They're gonna let these people die." Loki noticed, looking at the crowds.

"We have to get on and make sure it takes off." Sylvie reminded them.

"How?"

"We go around." (Y/n) suggested, grabbing Loki's hand and pulling along.

They weaved their way through crowds and ran around buildings, trying to find the least crowded path to the ark.

Suddenly, a huge cracking sound was heard above them. Everyone looked up and saw the planet cracking more, causing giant chunks of rock to break off and start shooting down to the moon, making everyone panic more.

Sylvie, (Y/n) and Loki ran forward, but were then blasted back by a rock landing right in front of them.

Loki's ears were ringing as he sat up and crawled over to (Y/n) laying a few feet away from him.

He helped her stand up and placed a hand on her cheek. "Are you okay?"

She nodded and he took her hand as Sylvie joined them. They ran into a room that looked like a bar, and fought off some soldiers who were trying to stop them.

They ran out into the streets, dodging people and crumbling debris and buildings. One nearly fell on top of them, but Loki used his magic to make it rise back up again.

They made it to the gates that led to the ark, and began fighting the soldiers guarding the area, when a giant explosion was heard from above.

Everyone looked up to see a huge rock fly right into the ship, destroying it completely.

They were stranded...

——————————🐍——————————