Chapter 5: Alioth

——————————🐍——————————

The seven of them stood on a hill, looking into the small valley where the giant black cloud was hovering in the air. Lightening struck out of the cloud and touched the surface, while thunder sounded all around them.

"Okay, so what's the next move?" Mobius called over the noise.

"The TVA needs to be brought down." Sylvie declared. "We don't know who created it or where they are, but that thing out there does. When it hit me earlier, I linked to it. It was brief but I caught a glimpse of something and I think if I can get close enough to it, I can enchant it, and it's gonna take me to whoever's behind all of this."

Sylvie took out the TemPad she took from Renslayer and handed it to Loki. He took it and stared down at it.

"I'm staying." He announced.

(Y/n) looked up at him in surprise, and he turned to her, handing her the TemPad.

She scoffed. "I don't know why you're giving this to me. If you're staying, I'm staying."

"Guys, I don't even know if this is gonna work." Sylvie warned them.

"You go, we go." (Y/n) told her, handing the TemPad to Mobius.

He took it and smiled. "I'll give your regards to Renslayer."

"You better." (Y/n) said.

"Oh please do." Sylvie agreed.

Mobius turned to the other Variants. "You boys want a ticket out of here?"

"What? No. We're staying." Kid Loki replied.

"This is our home."

"You sure? What about Alioth?" Loki asked them.

"We survived this long, we know what we're doing." Classic Loki responded confidently.

Kid Loki turned to Loki and (Y/n). "Here. You'll need these on your journey." He waved his hands and summoned two swords.

They each took one, and Loki used his magic to create sword holders on their backs, to which they sheathed them.

"Good luck. I hope you find what you're looking for." Classic Loki said.

Loki and (Y/n) nodded gratefully to them, as the three Lokis turned and left. Mobius used the TemPad to open an orange door.

"Looks like you got away in the end." He commented.

Loki smiled. "I always do. What will you do at the TVA?"

Mobius shrugged. "Burn it to the ground. Thanks for the spark. Well, see you later Loki."

Mobius stuck out his hand for him to shake, but Loki stepped forward and hugged him instead.

"Thank you my friend." Loki muttered.

"Take care of her for me." Mobius requested, meaning (Y/n).

"I'll guard her with my life." Loki promised.

The two separated, and Mobius went through the orange door, leaving Loki, (Y/n), and Sylvie to face Alioth.

...

"When a branch appears, Alioth will focus on it. That's when I'll enchant it." Sylvie told them as they walked toward the giant dark mass.

A face appeared from the clouds, looking like the skull of some kind of animal. It stared at them, and started coming for them.

"What if we don't have time to wait for a branch?" Loki asked.

"We could cause a distraction." (Y/n) suggested.

Loki placed a hand on her shoulder. She looked at him and shook her head, but he nodded. Loki went to run off, but (Y/n) stuck her leg out and tripped him. She drew her own blade and started running to the side to distract Alioth.

"No!" Loki and Sylvie both yelled.

(Y/n)'s sword lit on fire and she waved it back and forth and started jumping.

"Hey! Over here! Come and get me!" She shouted.

Alioth started heading over to her, and Sylvie's hands glowed green as she tried to touch one of the cloud tendrils.

Feeling her powers, Alioth turned away from (Y/n) and started going back after Loki and Sylvie.

"No! Over here! Come and get me!" She cried desperately, running back over to them.

Alioth opened his mouth ready to devour them, when something else caught his attention. He turned and saw the city of Asgard forming beside him. Classic Loki stood in the center of it, smiling widely with glowing green hands creating the entire city as well as the palace.

(Y/n) ran back over to Loki and Sylvie, looking at the city with amazement. "How is he doing that?"

Loki shrugged. "I guess we're stronger then we realized."

"Go!"

They heard him yell from the city.

Sylvie took Loki's hand in hers.

"What are you doing?"

"We're gonna enchant it!"

"I don't know how."

"Yes you do. Because we're the same!"

Loki looked at Sylvie and nodded. They both grabbed a tendril of clouds on Alioth who was busy attempting to eat the fake city. Loki closed his eyes, and focused, green light emitting from his hands.

Classic Loki let the city disappear, and weakly fell to his knees. Alioth came towards him, and he turned and stood up. Classic Loki lifted his arms, green light flowing from his hands.

"Glorious propose!" He bellowed, laughing as Alioth consumed him, leaving only his rusted helmet behind.

Now that he was gone, Alioth focused back on Sylvie, (Y/n) and Loki. The two of them squeezed their eyes shut, and squeezed each others hands, focusing all their energy into enchanting the monster.

With one last burst of energy, Alioth glowed green, and began to disappear.

Sylvie opened her eyes and smiled. "Open your eyes." She told Loki, releasing his hand.

Loki opened his eyes, and they widened.

The clouds parted, revealing the entrance to a place that could only be beyond the Void. A bright white line was encircling a giant mansion that seemed to be floating in space.

Loki and (Y/n) looked at each other, and joined hands, fingers interlocking with one another's. (Y/n) turned to Sylvie and took her hand in hers.

The three of them looked to each other, making sure they were all ready, before walking forward.

Towards the Citadel at the End of Time.

——————————🐍——————————