Chapter 4: Work

——————————🐍——————————

The elevator doors opened and Mobius and Loki stepped out onto a different floor.

"What's this? The next step in your manipulation?" Loki guessed.

"No. This is the final step. Your last chance." Mobius told him.

Loki rolled his eyes. "Oh, and what does my last desperate last chance require?" He asked sarcastically.

"Work."

Loki scrunched up his face in disgust. "Work?"

Mobius brought him to a huge library with several floors and giant statues of the Time Keepers were built in the middle.

"I need you to go over each and every one of the Variant's case files, and then give me your...How do I put it? Your unique Loki perspective. Who knows? Maybe we missed something." Mobius shrugged.

"Well, your idiots. I suspect you probably missed a lot." Loki insulted.

Mobius ignored it. "That's why I'm lucky that I got ya. For a little bit longer. Let me park ya at this desk." He gestured to the desk that had stacks of paperwork on it. "And don't be afraid to really lean onto this work. Here's a good trick for you. Pretend your life depends on it. I'm gonna get a snack."

"What, so you're just going to leave me here?" Loki asked incredulously.

Mobius shook his head. "No, I got somebody to help you out, keep you in line."

Just as he said that, (Y/n) entered the library on their floor and approached him. "Hey, Mobius I got your message what's—?"

She stopped herself when she saw Loki. "What is he doing here?"

"Work. And I'd like you to help him out. You know, in case he has questions." Mobius shrugged.

(Y/n) looked at him as if he had just lost his mind. "Are you serious right now?"

"What? What's the problem?" He asked.

She scoffed. "Well, first of all, I'm a Hunter, not a babysitter. Second of all, I don't like him."

Loki looked a bit upset. "Hey. I can hear you, you know."

She glared at him. "Good."

Mobius picked up some of the files and handed it to her. "Come on, just help me out here." He pleaded.

(Y/n) crossed her arms. "Why should I?"

"Cause you're my favorite Hunter? And we're friends?" Mobius reasoned.

She stared at him some more, and he gave her a sheepish smile. Eventually, she caved, sighing heavily and snatching the files from his hand.

"Fine. But you owe me." She told him.

Mobius nodded. "Yes ma'am. Have fun you two. (Y/n), try not to prune him. I'll be in the cafeteria if you find anything."

He left the library, leaving Loki and (Y/n) alone together.

"Well, shall we?" Loki suggested, gesturing to all the paperwork.