Chapter 5: End of File

——————————🐍——————————

"Wish I could say I was surprised." B-15 commented as she, Mobius and other Minutemen marched down the hall to find Loki.

"Yeah, I wish you hadn't interrupted us." Mobius quipped.

"Me? It's my fault?"

"Look, he can't have gotten very far."

"Split up. Prune on sight." B-15 ordered.

"No! No pruning, no resetting. He can still help us!" Mobius countered.

...

Meanwhile, Loki had snuck into a room where the man that took the Tesseract was. He quietly came up behind him.

"Hey." Loki whispered.

The man turned around and recognized him. "Hey. I know you. You're that criminal with the blue box."

Loki shushed him, and pulled him down behind a desk.

"What's your name?" Loki asked him.

"Casey." He answered.

"Give me the Tesseract or I'll gut you like a fish Casey!" Loki threatened.

"What's a fish?" Casey wondered.

Loki furrowed his brows. "How do you not know what a fish is?"

Casey shrugged. "I've lived my entire life behind a desk."

"What difference does it make?"

"I wanna know exactly what I'm being threatened with before I comply." Casey explained.

"Death, Casey! Violent, painful death!" Loki hissed.

"Okay, okay. I comply, I comply."

Casey stood up and opened a drawer in the desk. He pulled out the Cube and handed it to Loki.

He took it and sighed in relief, but his relief turned to confusion when he saw that the drawer that held the Tesseract also held a bunch of other Infinity Stones. They were sitting in a small box as if they were nothing more than just actual stones.

"What? Infinity Stones? How...how do you have these?" He questioned.

"Oh. We actually get a lot of those. Some of the guys use them as paperweights." Casey told him.

Loki slowly stood up and gasped softly. He looked around the room at all the workers who were bustling about, and stood in the middle of the floor.

"Is this the greatest power in the universe?"

The elevators behind them dinged and B-15 stepped out along with other Minutemen. She activated her pruning stick and went to hit Loki with it, but he teleported away just in time and B-15 disintegrated Casey's cart instead.

"You almost hit me!" Casey scolded. "That's so messed up."

B-15 ignored him and walked away, the other Minutemen following after her.