Chapter 4: Pie

——————————🐍——————————

Mobius stomped down a spiral staircase leading to the basement of the TVA. Loki and (Y/n) were right behind him. Neither of them had ever seen Mobius lose his temper before, they wanted to make sure he was okay.

"What was that?" Loki asked.

"Nothing."

"Are you okay?" (Y/n) checked.

"I'm fine."

"What happened back there?" Loki questioned.

"Nothing."

"Didn't seem like nothing." (Y/n) commented.

"It was tactical."

"Seems like he got under your skin." Loki observed.

"Nope. He didn't get under my skin. He got under your skin." Mobius denied.

"Mobius, we're worried about you. We've never seen you like this before." (Y/n) told him, sounding concerned.

"Seen me like what?"

"It's okay, we're not judging." Loki promised.

"Feels like you are. Look, I told you I can play the heavy keys and I can..." Mobius entered a room full of containers in the wall that had pie in them. "Where are we?"

Loki shrugged. "We were following you."

Mobius shook his head. "No, I was following you two."

"Mobius...you were in front of us." (Y/n) pointed out.

Mobius sighed in frustration.

"Okay, how about a slice of pie?" Loki suggested.

"...Key lime..."

"Okay, come on."

...

The next thing they knew, Loki, (Y/n), and Mobius were sitting at a small table eating slices of key lime pie.

"Mmm." Mobius hummed. "This is good."

"It is." Loki agreed.

Mobius took another bite, and let out a sigh. "Listen, that wasn't tactical. I lost it." He admitted.

"It's okay. It happens." (Y/n) reassured him, placing a hand on his arm.

Loki nodded. "Yeah. Sometimes a rage just builds up inside and you just gotta...let it out. Do you remember that time I was so angry with my father and my brother, that I went down to Earth, and I held the whole of New York City hostage with an alien army? I also kidnapped by girlfriend and tried to make her rule Earth with me. And I tried to use the Mind Stone on Tony Stark. It didn't work, so I threw him off the building. That wasn't tactical. I lost it. Remember that (Y/n)?"

She nodded at the memory. "Yeah...Boy was I pissed at you."

Loki smiled. "Thankfully I was able to use my charm to make her forgive me." He joked slipping an arm around her shoulders.