Chapter 3: Finding Coordinates

——————————🐍——————————

"Of course I believe you. It's a dream come true." A.D. said with excitement. "Two of my characters have some to life and need my help. This reminds me of what happens in the Sons of Yoren."

"What's that?" (Y/n) asked.

A.D. shrugged. "Just, you know, my most popular book of all time. I'm sure I can find you a copy somewhere around here."

Loki and (Y/n) looked around at all of his books that he hadn't seemed to have sold.

"Wait, you're a writer?" Loki questioned.

He nodded. "Yes. Science fiction."

"We're doomed." Loki deadpanned.

"Hey, don't be rude." (Y/n) hissed.

"But, this is kind of embarrassing, I have to get a PhD to keep my day job teaching theoretical physics at Caltech." A.D. added.

Loki perked up at that. "Wait, you're a scientist? That's great."

He sighed. "Yeah, until I can quit and write full time."

"I'm sorry, can we stay on track?" Loki requested.

"Of course. So uh, what exactly are you trying to do?"

"We need to go back to before the Temporal Loom melted down." (Y/n) explained.

"You can't. It's impossible. But don't let that stop you."

"We don't understand what you just said." Loki confessed.

"Well, you time-traveled in a place that has no time, right?"

"Right."

"That's not possible."

"I know."

"So you're traveling to a place that doesn't exist anymore. It's equally impossible and therefore it's something you both might be able to do." A.D. concluded.

"Yeah. Makes total sense." Loki agreed.

(Y/n) scrunched her face. "It does?"

"Doesn't sound like science though." Loki pointed out.

"No, but it does sound like fiction." A.D. countered. "You two need to learn to control your Time-Slipping."

"We can't control it." Loki argued.

(Y/n) looked up in thought. "I mean...we kind of can by never touching each other..."

"Which is not an option." Loki cut in.

She gave him a look before continuing. "...but we can't control where or...when we go. It's kind of random."

"But it isn't random. Because you keep ending up around exactly the people you're looking for, and it's evolving. Because you two aren't just slipping in time, you're also moving around in space. It's like you're better versions of one of those TemPads."