Chapter 4: Getting Back Together

——————————🐍——————————

Loki and (Y/n) appeared at the entrance to a house. They looked around and saw Don dragging in some trash cans and struggling due to the multitude of toys on the front lawn.

"Okay guys, we're gonna have a new rule, and that is any toy found outside your room, is gonna be classified as garbage, alright. Trash, okay? Cause I'm tired of coming home, and having it look like some lunatic garage sale that—is he burnt?" He pointed at a toy soldier on the ground. "Yeah, he's burnt. How did he get burnt?"

He looked over to the side to see his young son holding some matches.

"Kevin, who gave you the matches?"

"I stole em." The boy replied.

"No you did not. Give them to me...don't run. Kevin. Kevin. Kevin!" Don yelled after his son, who bolted away, running around the side of the house. He looked to his right and saw his other son coming around the corner. "Sean, go get him. Come on hurry! And if you keep him from burning the house down, I'll get you a puppy."

"And a snake?" Sean asked hopefully.

"We'll negotiate later. Run! Hurry!" Don ushered.

Sean ran after his brother and Don sighed loudly. "Small victories."

"Hello."

Don turned around to see Loki and (Y/n) standing in his driveway.

"Hello." He greeted.

"Hi."

"Hey. Oh, you two were at the shop earlier. The married couple." Don recognized.

(Y/n) went to correct him. "Uh, well...actually..."

"Yes, that's right." Loki interrupted.

"You two live around here, or did you follow me home?" Don joked.

Loki chuckled. "Oh no. No, no. We...we were actually on our way to the...and we just happened to see you so we thought we'd just come say that I'm sorry that we couldn't stick around back there, uh, we were in a bit of a time crunch."

"Right yeah, you were looking for ATVs." Don said.

"The TVA." Loki corrected.

"You know, are you still in the market? Cause I have something I wanna show you two. Come here." Don dropped all the toys he was carrying and walked over to the garage and opened it to reveal two jet skis inside. "Now, ordinarily, I wouldn't dream of parting with either one of these beauties. But my wife is long gone, and I can't ride two of them. Plus the boys are probably gonna need braces and math tutors and..."

"Insurance in case they burn the house down?" (Y/n) guessed.

Don nodded at her. "Yeah, that too."

"A beautiful union of form and function." Loki said, repeating what he had heard Mobius say.

"That's lovely. Yeah, they really are and it breaks my heart, but what can you do? Hey, you guys want a drink? Can I get you a beer? Water? Tea?" Don offered.