Chapter 6: Kablooie

——————————🐍——————————

Mobius, Loki, and (Y/n) exited the elevator and went back to the library.

"Doomsdays. The Variant's been ambushing our soldiers and hiding out in doomsdays to cover his tracks."

"Your welcome." Loki commented.

"Yeah. For this theory to hold, the disasters have to be naturally-occurring, sudden, no warning, no survivors."

"How many could there be?"

"I don't know. We're gonna find out."

...

A few hours of sorting through apocalypse files had really taken a toll on all of them. Mobius looked very tired, while Loki and (Y/n) had fallen asleep completely.

Mobius glanced up and smiled a little seeing Loki resting his head on his arms that were on the table, and (Y/n) leaning on Loki's shoulder.

He tapped (Y/n)'s arm with a folder, making her jerk awake. The sudden movement also caused Loki to wake up as well. They both blinked the sleep from their eyes, as Mobius stood up from the table.

"Come on. Let's take a walk." He suggested.

...

They went back to the cafeteria, and sat at a small table.

Loki and (Y/n) glanced at each other and awkwardly looked away. Since they had been asleep, neither of them completely remembered if they had leaned on each other but they both had a suspicion.

Loki cleared his throat a looked to Mobius. "By the way, at your desk, that magazine?"

"Yeah. The one on jet skis?"

"Yes. Why do you have that?"

"Because they're awesome."

Loki chuckled. "I suppose they are."

"Yeah. You know, some things, actually most things in history are kinda dumb, and everything gets ruined eventually. But in the early 1990s, for a brief, shining moment, there was a beautiful union of form and fiction, which we call the jet ski, and a reasonable man cannot differ."

(AUTHOR'S NOTE: Okay, I haven't seen Season Two yet, but if it does not have Mobius riding into battle on a freaking jet ski, I'll will be heavily disappointed. Get this man a jet ski!)

Loki smirked and nodded. "Have you ever been on one?"

He shook his head. "No...no. I think a TVA agent showing up on a jet ski on the Sacred Timeline, that would create a branch for sure."

"Bet you'd look badass though. And who knows? Now that we know that Loki's theory works, maybe we can go to a Tsumani apocalypse sometime and you can ride a jet ski." (Y/n) suggested.

Mobius smiled and laughed lightly. "It would be fun."

"So why read about them?" Loki asked.

Mobius shrugged. "Just helps remind me of what we're fighting for."

"I mean, you really believe in all this stuff, don't you?"