Chapter 7: The Variant

——————————🐍——————————

Mobius, Loki, and (Y/n) entered the locker rooms where other Minutemen were getting ready to deploy to Alabama to catch the Variant.

(Y/n) walked ahead of them to go to her locker and grab her helmet and pruning stick.

"We are doing some good work today." Mobius said.

"I thought so too." Loki agreed.

"I'm telling you. You actually help us catch this Variant, and who knows my friend."

"What, good enough for a face to face with the Time Keepers?" Loki asked.

"I didn't say that, but maybe, possibly, I could approve someone getting their memories back." Mobius offered, gesturing to (Y/n).

That peeked Loki's interest immensely. "Really? You can give them back? She'd remember me again?"

Mobius stopped at his own locker and opened it. "Maybe. I don't know if they'd go for it. Although, in my opinion, I think she's starting to like you anyway."

Loki glanced last Mobius at (Y/n) who was busy clipping her helmet on. She glanced over to Loki and smiled at him. He smiled back and waved slightly.

His focus was drawn away from (Y/n) when Mobius handed him two daggers. "Just in case."

Loki gasped and held them in his hands. "Ooohhh..."

At that moment, B-15 walked by and took them away. "Absolutely not."

Loki pouted as he watched her put them in her own locker.

Then she faced everyone in the room. "Gather round for a briefing."

Everyone gathered around and stood in a circle listening to B-15. "Roxxcart is a vast superstore common to the era. It consists of a series of sprawling sections, including a large warehouse. This warehouse is being used by civilians as a shelter trying to ride out the storm."

"Remember, this is a class ten apocalypse. While the Variant shouldn't know we're coming, he could be hiding anywhere and should be considered hostile. So everyone stay alert." (Y/n) warned.

"Every time there is an attack, the Variant steals a reset charge. He's planning something. We just don't know what. So keep an eye out for the missing charges, and if you see a Loki, prune it." B-15 ordered.

"The bad Loki, preferably." Loki added.

...

HAVEN HILLS, ALABAMA : 2050

Two orange doors opened up in front of the large Roxxcart superstore. Mobius, (Y/n), Loki, B-15 and the other Minutemen stepped through into the pouring rain. Thunder rumbled above them, and the wind howled, making it hard to even hear anything.

They all entered the store, completely soaked. Loki was suddenly encased by green light and he was dry in an instant.

"The hell was that?" B-15 asked.

"That was me. Using magic. To dry my clothes. So I don't announce myself with every squeaky footstep like the rest of you." He explained.